SIRIUS satellite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Diesel said:
XM has set up ground repeaters in cities so that even though you can't see the sky you are still getting a signal. Sirrius doesn't do this and it is sirously lacking in this area.

Sirius also has terrestrial repeaters in all large cities, and even some medium-sized cities.

TNPILOT said:
How long will it take for some looser to come on here and starting bitching about listening to the radio on the flight deck.

I won't do that.

But can I bitch about the stock (SIRI). Not even Howard or Cramer putting his lips squarely on Mel's ass could give me a chance to short it. It probably won't even break $8 by month's end.

While he may be taking his staff he never informed them he was leaving. he took the big paycheck from sirrius and then told them he was leaving and if they wanted to come they could. That's a nice thing to do to people you worked with for 20 years.

It's also nice his producer baba booey has to make ends meet by doing 100 dollar appearances at bars and clubs. Hooo hoo really spread the wealth around and made sure that his people were really taken care of.

The guys is done. You can't deny what he did for radio but he's all done. Plus sirrius spent way too much for him. What do they have 2 million subs? XM has over 6 million subs.

Greg said:
XM may have the technology, but Sirius has the programming. I have both because dish network now gives you XM for music. But their music still doesn't compare to Sirius music. Also XM sports SUCKS! Baseball and NASCAR. Woo Eeee!!! Sirius has all college, NFL, and NBA. Hands down better. But most importantly, XM does not and never will have HOWARD STERN! The only reason needed.
DISH uses Sirius for music channels 6001-6099, they corrispond directly with Sirius streams 1-99. Blues 75 is awsome, I also listen to Classic Vinyl 14, and Rolling Stones Radio 98. They just came out with a Bruce Springsteen channel as well. I bought Sirius for the progamming, and it's only gotten better since I've had it. Stern will bring plenty of listeners to Sirius. Everything that he has ever touched has been extraordinarily sucessful. I don't expect this will be any different.

Last edited:
Dish only gives a few channels from the XM lineup.

Howie was great back in the day. Maybe he can get in a wayback machine to get some talent back. Sad thing is Howie going to Sirius just shows he can't do good radio without the shock mentality of it.

I heard Beth O is a tranny.

Punchin out.

and soon satellite radio is your companys and FAA list of prohibited items in cockpit

I think this is one of those items we as an pilots should be quiet about and just enjoy it as much as we can!

Because soon enough your company finds that it is unsafe to have it in office and maybe FAA gets his hands on this issue also!

My Toughts go XM,much better!

Does anyone know of any less expensive portable receivers that Sirius plans to come out with that's more in the XM price range? I just priced a Sirius at RadioShack and it was $279 including a $50 rebate. Is it worth $279? I want it to take my walks with and maybe listen to it while commuting.

Humphreybogart said:
Does anyone know of any less expensive portable receivers that Sirius plans to come out with that's more in the XM price range? I just priced a Sirius at RadioShack and it was $279 including a $50 rebate. Is it worth $279? I want it to take my walks with and maybe listen to it while commuting.

I paid about that much for my first receiver (new technology at the time). I think it's worth it. I don't know if it's that much better than XM, as I have never listened to XM, but it's about 100,000 times better than FM.

Let me put it to you this way. Occasionally someone will come on Flightinfo and ask about a headset, every time I recommend the Bose because I believe in it, and I know that anyone who buys it won't be dissappointed despite the price. Sirius is right up there with the Bose as far as products that I highly recommend. If you get it, you will not be disappointed. The only question is, is it that much better than XM? I don't know, but I haven't been disappointed at all.

Drew, I definately agree with you on the Bose headsets. Luckily, my company provides us with the Bose, so I don't have to shell out the $$$. I think I would rather have the Sirus, because they broadcast college and pro football. But does XM and Sirus have the same type of coverage areas or are they like cell phones where it depends on what part of the country you live in? BTW, I live in the Mid-Atlantic states.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back