SIRIUS satellite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Roger Dat

has anyone tried to use a a handheld unit in the cockpit. thinking of buying one and would like to listen to it while at work.

Roger Dat said:
has anyone tried to use a a handheld unit in the cockpit. thinking of buying one and would like to listen to it while at work.

YAaa Baby! Howard Stern '06!!!!!!

How long will it take for some looser to come on here and starting bitching about listening to the radio on the flight deck.

i'mbatman said:
anyone know if it works in embraer products?

XM does.....going south or east and the antena in the left window......Umm er...Thats what someone told me.

I...um I mean this guy has a delphi myfi portable xm radio and it works just fine in the cockpit. You just have to make sure the reciever is pointing to the south at all times. Sometimes, around the halfway point on a transcon, you have to shift the reciever to the southwest vs the southeast.

Hope this helps.

Horn

XM works better than sirrius because the XM sats are geo stationary. You just know you have to point it at Rock or Roll in the southern sky.

Sirrius handheld is like bringing a toaster oven to work.

Just listened to XM for the last 6 hours. Works great on the airliners too. I choose my seat based on southern sky exposure.

O&A spread the virus.

Punchin out.

?

Does anyone have anything good to say about how serious works in the cockpit? And is it really that much different in the reception between xm and serious at altitude?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back