SIRIUS satellite

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Humphreybogart said:
Drew, I definately agree with you on the Bose headsets. Luckily, my company provides us with the Bose, so I don't have to shell out the $$$. I think I would rather have the Sirus, because they broadcast college and pro football. But does XM and Sirus have the same type of coverage areas or are they like cell phones where it depends on what part of the country you live in? BTW, I live in the Mid-Atlantic states.

It's not like cell phones, you should be covered in all of the lower 48 and Canada at least. Most big cities (where buildings could block the signal) have ground repeaters to ensure coverage.

I can't think of the coast out point off of the atlantic ocean but it's like 300 miles out before you lose reception.

South is past cuba but not as far as PR

Mexico northern half is still in XM range

All of canada is covered. There is now XM canada too. Same equipment.

One more question. Can you get reception inside a building with a portible, like with a portable radio, or must the antenna be at a window? Thanks again.

I have been reading about the sirius s50 portable player. Initially I read that it only played recorded sirius material, now I have found that it will actually support and play 1GB of mp3's. Does anyone have this device, I am curious how user friendly the interface is and if the thing can actually play my mp3's.
Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back