• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Silent Bob is to fat for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think the whole thing is pretty funny.

The policy was either enforced or it wasn't. Depends on who you ask to get the answer.

I do know that SWA is bailing water right now on the PR front of this. I don't know if that is an admission of guilt or just trying to deflect and seem compassionate.

Gup

Just so there's no confusion of whose derrier is worthy of kissing, perhaps we could allot special V.I.P. cards to Quiet Bob and other Hollywood trash to present duirng boarding.

According to several media sources, to date, this guy will not tell anyone how much he weighs. I wonder why ? He says he is "narrow" enough to fit in a single seat...( but still bought two...in compliance with current SWA COS policy) but still won't divulge his weight...

According to several media sources, to date, this guy will not tell anyone how much he weighs. I wonder why ? He says he is "narrow" enough to fit in a single seat...( but still bought two...in compliance with current SWA COS policy) but still won't divulge his weight...

A weight expert on TV this evening estimated that his fat a$$ was 300+; I'm thinking one seat wouldn't get the job done?

A weight expert on TV this evening estimated that his fat a$$ was 300+; I'm thinking one seat wouldn't get the job done?

What the hell is a weight expert? Is it the guys from the county fair?

The policy was either enforced or it wasn't. Depends on who you ask to get the answer.

I do know that SWA is bailing water right now on the PR front of this. I don't know if that is an admission of guilt or just trying to deflect and seem compassionate.

Gup

SWA sent an APOLOGY to Kevin Smith about this incident. Why did they do that if they thought their policy was correct? Was it because Smith is famous and has 1.6 million twitter followers? That just blew the policy out of the water. Great job SWA! Enforce the policy or don't have one. Smith was waiting for a standby flight and had purchased 2 seats for his original flight. The person at the gate should have enforced the so called policy, not the stew embarrassing Smith infront of passengers on the plane. Sending an apology for the incident negates the policy.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I can't believe the company is sending apology twits to this fat idiot. Not only did he buy the required 2 seats as per SWA COS policy...but he has a history of buying 2 seats ...regularly.....as in all the time...

...so he is familiar with the policy...

Kevin Smith sat across from us in 1st class on an AA flt from MSY to MIA yesterday morning. I was reading the New Orleans newspaper and we noticed the pic of about the incident was him. He slept the whole flight and we were behind him walking out. He wasn't obese fat. I have seen fatter in a single coach seat. He obviously isn't worried about the price of the ticket.

Any coincidence that all of this publicity if helping Smith's movie that is premiering at the end of Feb?

Copied from IMDB.com:
Director:
Kevin Smith

Cop Out (2010)

Writers (WGA):

Robb Cullen (written by) &
Mark Cullen (written by)

Release Date:
26 February 2010 (USA) more

Genre:

Action | Comedy | Crime more

Tagline:

Rock out with your Glock out

Plot:

A comedy about a veteran NYPD cop (Willis) whose rare baseball card is stolen. Since it's his only hope to pay for his daughter's upcoming wedding

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back