• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Silent Bob is to fat for Southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny. But whats scary is that SWA handled this via twitter!!!

Lord, what is society coming to.... all this twittering... geez.

Funny. But whats scary is that SWA handled this via twitter!!!

I think it is more scary that only after they saw who this guy was and what a following it was receiving on twitter and in the media (because of his twitter following), they decided to handle the situation...if had been some poor fat shlub off the street with no twitter account he wouldn't have gotten anything...and we wouldn't be talking about this...

His relative perhaps?

airplane+seat+obese+man.jpg

Whatever, I am tired of sitting next to Jabba the Effing Hut, those pudgy Ba$tards need two seats. That includes the Hollywood losers, too.

My problem with it is that they rarely follow their own policy as far as I've seen- not that I've ever seen another airline apply their own rules on this. I've personally been the meat in the middle of two fatty sandwiches on Southwest and I was probably on the most expense tickets (last minute purchases) both times. While in uniform and trying to find a seat I was told both times that the flight was full and I wouldn't be able to jumpseat. I politely told them I wasn't jumpseating and had a ticket. Unfortunately they didn't follow their own policy by making at least one of the offenders go. I usually prefer my flights to be on Southwest since their cabin crews seem to have the best attitude in the skies and their frequent flier program is also the best (as long as you are going to Southwest cities), but now that I know the policy I will be the "a-hole" that delays a flight by demanding compliance before I'll ever be the middle of a Southwest sandwich again.

Latest resources

Back