• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle guys!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No disrespect Guinness Guy and anyone associated with the Arthur is alright in my book,but what would have become of your 6 and 7 year seniority when it was time for your saabs to go away.They would have gone away and you with them had Republics management not been in a pickle over a certificate,you guys were only one Chicago Express bid away from this happening.

Now dont get me wrong I dont believe you should be grovelling but in my estimation S5 has two things it did not have a year ago they are E170s and prospects.

The difference between our certificate and Chicago Express was Wexford really spent NO money. It was simply a paper transaction. Had it Republic bought Chicago Express, it would be the Chicago Express guys complaining about integration.

The one thing Chautauqua has now that it won't have in a few months is about a million dollars worth of fines every month. Which equates to happy shareholders. Which is VERY important to Mr. Bedford. So it is good for EVERYONE!

S5 had an unlimited certificate that had a lot of grandfather rights that are not possible today therefore extremely valuable. It also had the sh@ttiest labor contract in the business so it could have been easily sold. Plus the timing of the end of the UAL contract3/06 is about the time 190 deliveries will start so my guess is Wexford would have put 190's on that certificate and went public with them just like they did CHQ. Wexford definately had plans for them other than putting them out of business. Otherwise they would have sold them to Republic earlier and put the 170's on them then and not have had to put them on CHQ at all. Wexford is Republics biggest shareholder so they had to sacrifice future profits at S5 for ending the APA fines against CHQ.

You talk about "making S5 public, just like CHQ did". Republic went public.. not CHQ... it is all about the holding companies.. and their "big picture" agenda.

One simple question,if S5 was always part of the plan what the devil is the numerous attempts at a Republic Certificate about?

Since the Mid-Atlantic thing came about, they needed 3 certificates since the MDA 170's have more than 70 seats.

WheresTheVan, partly true. You do have to admit, it is quite the kick in the teeth when you go over to corporate and see all the hustle and bustle of "new things." Step into the Tech Pubs office and see piles and piles of new manuals for all the new aircraft and routes "we'll" be flying with the "old" SAAB pubs in a small dusty pile in the corner. Then out on the line, to see the "future" siting tall at the gate. Then to be told, "if you want to keep working here, you are going to have to start over because this wasn't really meant to happened like this. Be thankful that you have a job in the right seat for $22 per hour."

Grovelling for your own job SU^K$!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I don't think S5 was ever part of the "big picture." After Republic Airlines got shot down for the GAZILLIONITH time by the feds, Bedford would have put the 70 seat flying on the S5 cert instead of the CHQ cert a while ago.

It only became apparent to us that something was brewing when the Republic Airlines CEO was moved over to S5 a year ago.
WHO KNOWS??????????

I didn't say S5 was going to be a part of Republics picture. Wexford has history of taking Sh@tty turbo prop airlines putting jets on them and taking them public and reaping the profits ala CHQ. Republic only had one certificate in hand at the time CHQ so when I said CHQ went public it was the same thing as Republic. Also when they went public they had promised 2 certificates CHQ and RP . 2 years later RP still isn't anywhere near proving runs so Bedford had to scramble and get another airline in a hurry. And since the only money S5 owed was to CHQ it was merely a paper transaction considering Bedford and boys have been running S5 since 2001.

S5 came about originally to provide feed for SWA in the northeast,this never came to fruition.After 9/11 jets were the way to go for B.B. there was only one minor complication 2 Dozen or so Saabs with leases on going for the foreseeable future.Do you think when S5 returns Saabs and reduces your fleet it is done out of boredom.The Saabs were sent there from CHQ so hefty penalties would not be indured by CHQ.Bit of a trend.

Guinness guy (Im not governed by such copyrights,Ive kept James Gate in profit for years)I do understand your frustration,I have been get this fired not furloughed because the aircraft I flew was been removed and placed elsewhere and this was done out of seniority without even a blemish of embarrassment by our management,pounded the pavement for 8 months.

My point is our management are not the sharpest tool in the shed and will not hesitate to kick the dog (pilot group) every time it does something foolish,the only weapon we have is our caveat that any flying done by RAH will come off of our seniority list,the maintainance of this list in tact is what prevents us from being hoodwinked and broken up.

If we sound mean or unsympathetic it is only because we know that if we give our management an inch they will take ten miles,years of hardknocks teaches you that.

Not a whole lot of concillation but if you joined our list at the bottom today you due to flight time,age and location and seat locks here would probably be left seat within a year on the 170.

Latest resources

Back