Shuttle/Chautauqua Integration Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chromeshawn:

I disagree with several of your interpretations/opinions and misinformation - but I will just leave it at that as it is a done deal. Welcome to Shuttle!

Mike Oxlong:
They Get The Same Pay...he Won"t Loose His House, Car, Etc.

Where do you get your information? As of today no official release has yet to be out on the pay from Shuttle?

chromeshawn said:
For those of you calling the CHQ pilots unfair/greedy/whiners, I think you should know more about the situation before you go pointing fingers. CHQ pilots didn't force this, an arbitrator decided it in a court of law!

Very thorough... but you just don't get it. If those handful of CHQ pilots wouldn't have complained about a fair merger, it wouldn't have gone to an arbitrator at all!! It would have stayed in house. That would have been the right thing to do.

P.S. you may need to revise your numbers slightly. Some of the S5 senior F/O's where very close to upgrade. Now it's a ways away.

chromeshawn said:
Welcome Aboard. (even the 80% of you that came in above me!)
Sincerely, WELCOME ABOARD!!!

How sincere, exactly, is that "welcome aboard" when the dozen paragraphs immediately prior to this "welcome" was basically telling the S5 people to STFU because they got a fair deal? Just curious.

And as for Mike Oxlong's comment that "they'll get the same pay", how is it that you know more than the S5 pilots, who've heard nothing official about keeping their pay? At present this is nothing more than rumor, possibly a false one intended to keep the morale at S5 from going COMPLETELY down the toilet. And if the rumors are true, even the best case scenario of them keeping their pay scale will have a very significant string attached.

Cardinal said:
There should be some consolation in this for the Shuttlecraft pilots.

I'm a captain at an all turboprop regional. Myself and a number of pilots in both seats at my airline have applied to the RAH family. The pilots I interviewed with at RAH were almost exclusively flying turboprops under Part 121. Myself and all these other pilots think that RAH is such a good deal that we are willing to give up years an years of seniority to join your team. We're willing to surrender our captains seats and regress to being first officers again. Voluntarily.

Through fortuitous events your little airline got purchased, and you've ended up thrown on the CHQ list at various places, with the majority of your pilot group months, not years, from upgrade. Change is always hard, but consider this: Many of us who are flying at airlines not very different from yours would sell our own mothers to have been thrust into the seniority list where you ended up. We're so convinced that your future is bright, that we're willing to start at the bottom. See you on the line.

Who are you with now? I'd love to fly there after you free up a slot. Are they hiring? What's the mins?

tindriver72 said:
Very thorough... but you just don't get it. If those handful of CHQ pilots wouldn't have complained about a fair merger, it wouldn't have gone to an arbitrator at all!! It would have stayed in house. That would have been the right thing to do.

I don't want to add anything to a past tense argument, but I would like to point out the obvious...

If those handful of S5 pilots wouldn't have complained about a fair merger, it wouldn't have gone to an arbitrator at all!! It would have stayed in house. That may have been the right thing to do.

Hey there Kettle, I'm Pot...works both ways.

I point this out with a joking bit of sarcasm and a nudge. Welcome aboard.

Cracker said:
If those handful of S5 pilots wouldn't have complained about a fair merger, it wouldn't have gone to an arbitrator at all!! It would have stayed in house.

Sure, the S5 pilots shouldn't have complained and accepted staple on their own certificate, Get real. I'm sorry, S5 pilots worked too long & hard just to take crap without a fight.

shuttle pilots you just got f&cked up the as$ while most of our company remained unaffected. we just ripped your hearts out and served them to you on a platter.

now everyone lets just get back to work and WELCOME ABOARD!!

Quote:

Mike Oxlong:
They Get The Same Pay...he Won"t Loose His House, Car, Etc.

Where do you get your information? As of today no official release has yet to be out on the pay from Shuttle?

See Below:

Section 4. (a) Subject to the applicable conditions set forth. Herein, no employee of either of the carriers involved in the merger who is continued in service shall as a result of the merger be placed in worse position with respect to compensation than he occupied immediately prior to his displacement so long as he is unable in the normal exercise of his said seniority rights under existing agreements, rules, and practices to obtain a position producing compensation equal to or exceeding the compensation of the position held by him immediately prior to such date, except, however, that if he fails to exercise his seniority rights to secure another available position, which does not require a change in residence, to which he is entitled under the working agreement and which carries a rate of pay an compensation exceeding those of the position which he elects to retain, he shall thereafter be treated for the purposes of this section as occupying the position which he elects to decline.

(b.) The protection afforded by the foregoing paragraph is hereby designated as "displacement allowance" which shall be determined in each instance in the manner hereinafter described. Any employee entitled to such an allowance is hereinafter referred to as a "displaced" employee.

(c) Each displacement allowance show be a monthly allowance determined by computing the total compensation received by the employee and his total time paid for during the last 12 months in which he performed service immediately preceding the date of his displacement (such 12 months being hereinafter referred to as the "test period.") and by dividing separately the total compensation and the total time paid for by 12, thereby producing the average monthly compensation and average monthly time paid for, which shall be the minimum amounts used to guarantee the displaced employee; and if his compensation in his current position is less in any month in which he performs work than the aforesaid average compensation, he shall be paid the difference, less compensation for any time lost on account of voluntary absences to the extent that he is not available for service equivalent to average monthly time during the test period, but he shall be compensated in addition thereto at the rate of the position filled for any time worked in excess of the average monthly time paid for during the test period.

(d) The protection afforded herein shall apply only to displacement occurring within a period of 3 years from the effective date of merger (referred to herein and as the claim period); and the period during which this protection is to be given (referred to herein as he protective period) shall extend for a period of 4 years from the date on which the employee is displaced.

Latest resources

Back