Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flying Horses

The arbitrator has ruled:

All 49 current Captains from "Old Shuttle" are to be stapled as a block after Chautauqua pilot with DOH of 7-16-04. Then all remaining (41) "Old Shuttle" FO's to be integrated 7:1 with rest of Chautauqua pilots.

Currently, most junior Captain at Chautauqua is at March 2004 DOH. Thus all "Old Shuttle" pilots will now be FO's on the Master Republic Airways Holdings Seniority list.

Simply stated, the #1 "Old Shuttle" Saab CA will now be #906 out of 1368 on the new Master Republic list.

Last edited:
To Put it Graphically, new Master Republic Holdings list will look like this:

Seniority #

773 (Most junior CHQ CA - DOH 3/04)
905 (last CHQ pilot before integration - DOH 7/04)
906-46 (all former Shuttle Saab CA's)
947-953 (next 7 CHQ pilots)
954 (first former Shuttle Saab FO)
955-961 (next 7 CHQ pilots)
962 (2nd former Shuttle Saab FO)
963-1272 (contiunued 7:1 integration)
1273 (first CHQ pilot after integration - DOH 5/05)
1274-1368 (rest of CHQ pilots)

Last edited:
From the outside looking in:

I sure hope all you CHQ people who had a problem with DOH integration are happy. You surely have solidified yourselves as selfish, selfish people. You don't realize how you've disrupted the lives of a handful of people. There are people who have homes, kids, wives, husbands, etc, who now, because you couldn't share nicely, can't even give them the living they were providing them on Saab pay. Bravo. You surely have shown what can happen when a group of pilots get together to better each other!!!

I am quite aware that the majority of CHQ pilots were very amiable to a "fair and equitable" integration, and to you this message is not directed. To the rest... Shame on you. Hard to believe You have to share my sky.

SizzleChest said:
WTF, over? Arbitrator has spoken, time to get back to the usual business of kicking WH in the nuts.

Such a crock........to all you little loud mouth pricks over there that have been yelling "staple, staple, staple!!!" ( yes I know most have been professional and let the courts do it's thing) Congrads... I know I carted around quite a few good guys that were Saab Cpts (one I know that had stuck with the company for 5 years) that deserve better than this.

On the flip, you can't put the blame on CHQ pilots...they did what any other pilot group would do. I know they are owned by the same holding group, but if something like that occured at my airline whether it was 75 pilots or 500 pilots I would want my union to stand up for me.

It went to arbitration...it was ruled on...and some good guys got screwed ( on both sides...I know some ex-whiskey f/o's that went to CHQ recently). It wasn't the first time and will not be the last.

Good Luck MDA boys & girls!

Last edited:
Sizzle Chest, is that really necessary? Lets all be professional about this. p.s. your making me sound like my father.

tindriver72 said:
From the outside looking in:

I sure hope all you CHQ people who had a problem with DOH integration are happy. You surely have solidified yourselves as selfish, selfish people. You don't realize how you've disrupted the lives of a handful of people. There are people who have homes, kids, wives, husbands, etc, who now, because you couldn't share nicely, can't even give them the living they were providing them on Saab pay. Bravo. You surely have shown what can happen when a group of pilots get together to better each other!!!

I am quite aware that the majority of CHQ pilots were very amiable to a "fair and equitable" integration, and to you this message is not directed. To the rest... Shame on you. Hard to believe You have to share my sky.

I'm sorry, but I have to dissagree here. Chances are if Republic was up and running Shuttle may very well have shut down. The Shuttle CA's didn't get the best deal. Most of the Shuttle FO's got an awesome deal, some of the CHQ FO's got a crappy deal.

That's my spin FWIW.

jaybird said:
Sizzle Chest, is that really necessary? Lets all be professional about this. p.s. your making me sound like my father.

I'm sorry, but I have to dissagree here. Chances are if Republic was up and running Shuttle may very well have shut down. The Shuttle CA's didn't get the best deal. Most of the Shuttle FO's got an awesome deal, some of the CHQ FO's got a crappy deal.

That's my spin FWIW.

Actually, very few Shuttle F/O's got a great deal. You have to remember, shuttle was contracted to fly the Saabs for United through 2006, with options for more. Now, Colgan is taking it over. I'm sure for longer than 2006. Chances are that they would all have a job for a long time.

It's simply amazing to me how some people seem to think that CHQ saved S5. CHQ really had nothing to do with it. Republic holdings PUBLIC company made the purchase, and it was prettymuch a paperwork deal anyway. Don't you remember when you were both owned by the same owner? (circa 2001)

I'm just so disgusted with how the whole thing went down. It makes me sick.

Big deal. The thing went to arbitration, CHQ or Shuttle had nothing to do with the abitrators decision. Blame the arbitrator then, it wont help any. Get over it, stop whining, enjoy the jet.

Latest resources

Back