• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle/Chautauqua Integration Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the Chautauqua, Republic, and Shuttle America Pilots (E170, SF340)

For the hard critics,

The facts are all stated, eventhough some were slightly inaccurate, but nonetheless, the judgement has been made. Let's push forward from this and move on.

What will prolonged this animosity and the strains of everyone, are those few folks (Flying Horses) who thinks public humiliation and negative criticism should be view by everyone. Granted, the judgement can be viewed in the union's website, do you believe this will enlighten your ego or you just lack common sense, or maybe lack sensitivity. If you have hard-on against the Old Shuttle America Saab drivers, please say it to them/to me and not hide about it.

We are now one as a whole. Only idiots like yourself would chastice those who are down. This is totally inappropriate and unwaranted. We all need to move on and focus on the well-being of our families--like many of us.

The more this is brought up and charactized of what should be, what was, and who should have been, the more this will not end. Instead of critizing the Old Shuttlecraft crew, why don't you welcome them/us to the IBT747 and let a precedence of comarade prevail.

Don't be stupid!

Let's move on and move on from this in-house drama and stop posting company and union stuff.

Skull1,

I have no intention of public humiliation. I am not chastising anyone who is down. I am, however, posting pure facts based on public information (http://www.ibt747.org/airlines/chq/chq-index.htmlhttp://www.ibt747.org). It shows how a pilot integration is done; I believe this is very informative to all airline pilots. Now, everyone in this flightinfo community who has been commenting/speculating on this integration can know the facts/truth.

P.S. I did edit my third post to remove any personal opinions, and to keep my postings purely factual.

For those of you saying the ex-Captains at "old shuttle" are going to be pay protected, could you please provide a source. I'm one of the guys looking at a $35,000 a year pay swing from what I thought I was going to get and a $15-20,000 a year pay cut from what I am currently making as a captain. Niether my union nor my company has said I am getting pay and longevity protection. I would think if this were the case my union would tell me before your union tells you. A little good news here is needed, so I doubt our reps would hide it from us. I don't see the company offering up extra money to us just to be nice.

For those of you that actually care about us, don't be relieved yet. For those of you that are upset your upgrade is delayed a little while I take a substantial pay cut and try to sell my house...I'm sorry for your troubles.

FandE said:
For those of you saying the ex-Captains at "old shuttle" are going to be pay protected, could you please provide a source. I'm one of the guys looking at a $35,000 a year pay swing from what I thought I was going to get and a $15-20,000 a year pay cut from what I am currently making as a captain. Niether my union nor my company has said I am getting pay and longevity protection. I would think if this were the case my union would tell me before your union tells you. A little good news here is needed, so I doubt our reps would hide it from us. I don't see the company offering up extra money to us just to be nice.

For those of you that actually care about us, don't be relieved yet. For those of you that are upset your upgrade is delayed a little while I take a substantial pay cut and try to sell my house...I'm sorry for your troubles.

F and E:
We're being told on the IBT 747 forums that previous SAAB captains will be pay protected. You better get this quick if you're gonna stick around the merged "Reshuttlequa": there IS no "my union/your union". As of now we're ALL part of local 747. Welcome aboard.

Since 747 is now my union, how do I get on the message board, or private section of the web site? Please don't take this as trying to pick a fight, I really need to know. I have questions for them, but I have no way of asking.

Unfortunately, you cannot until you're a dues paying memebr of the 747, and verified by the "keeper" of the board. I'm not sure when the "official" transition to the 747 is for you guys. Welcome aboard, and feel free to PM if I can try to be of any help with Q's. FWIW, our information from the message board is that all former capts are pay protected at SAAB capt pay til 170 upgrade, and SAAB FO's recieve the longevity pay they are entitled to at "Old" Shuttle, but on the CHQ payscale.

Last edited:
As of right now no one knows and I mean NO ONE knows if were pay protected and to post our ruling on front street really wasnt neccessary. All those who wanted or needed to know what the verdict was could easily find out on their own. As far as the animosity aspect its real hard pressed for folks just to "Move On" Granted we have to move foward but thats an extremely huge pill to swallow. i.e Paycuts, etc.. etc...

I understand that 747 wanted its "own" to have the best but how the decision went down was foul to say the least all of this for 85 pilots WOW.

TraneOfThought said:
I understand that 747 wanted its "own" to have the best but how the decision went down was foul to say the least all of this for 85 pilots WOW.

It ain't a good decision unless NOBODY is happy, right? While I see where you guys are coming from, we also have a lot of guys BELOW you who are on their second, third or FOURTH airline who just got moved down 90 spots. Believe me, THEY ain't happy about it either. IMHO, you guys ended up about where you should have on the list condisdering you didn't bring any airplanes with you. Had the airplanes come over as well, this woulda been an entirly different ballgame. (And don't gimme any sh!t about the certificate. There are more than a few out and available.) Happy, not happy, whatever; sincerely, WELCOME. I'm sure you will find the pilots of the 747 to be a great group of folks, and with the exception of a few really pissed off and really junior CHQ FO's, we're all glad to have you with us. They probably will be too, in time.

sleddriver77 said:
FWIW, our information from the message board is that all former capts are pay protected at SAAB capt pay til 170 upgrade, and SAAB FO's recieve the longevity pay they are entitled to at "Old" Shuttle, but on the CHQ payscale.

Apparently, this information was NOT accurate. Not sure what the deal is. FWIW, most of the CHQ pilots ARE in favor of pay protection and longevity pay as appropriate for Shuttle SAAB pilots.

Latest resources

Back