• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle/Chautauqua Integration Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
should still be movement due to ALL saab folks being FO's now instead of capt/fo split like the company thought, but who knows....

The word is that all the Shuttle guys are going to be pay protected at their current pay rate (i.e. all Shuttle SF-340 captains will still get at least SF-340 captain pay).

With that said, welcome aboard, my new brothers and sisters. I know the deal did not work out the best for everyone, whether it be Shuttle pilots or current CHQ pilots, but it doesn't change anything. Let's all move on and have a great working relationship with each other. This wasn't our (the pilots) doing, it was an arbitration thing.

I look forward to the experience and professionalism you are going to bring into our "new" company.

What happened to the Shuttle Dispatchers? I remember just 2 years ago, when shuttle did not even know if they were going to exist once the Saab Leases expired...It just seems to me that if I had been there at SA, I would be glad I have a future now. Good Luck...

From another outsider looking in:

I'm kinda amazed that there is so much disbelief of people getting screwed. Can somebody please point to the last merger/buy out where everybody on both sides were overcome with joy with how the seniority list was handled? Anybody???....

Usually with arbitration when both sides are unhappy then the arbitator did their job but in our case we got hosed just another example of Big Fish eat little fish. All we can do now is stay professional and keep it moving.

Last I heard (3 weeks ago) Shuttle dispatch was still in FWA, but was going to be moved to new building this fall.

The Arbitrator's Official Explanation

Here it is. You may have to rotate it, it seems to have scanned upside-down:

http://www.ibt747.org/forms/CHQ.SA.arbitrationResults.pdf

It is an interesting read. It explains exactly what each side was asking for. It looks as though the arbitrator agreed completely with the Chautauqua Pilots well-thought-out integration plan and accepted it without modification.

The "Old Shuttle" pilot's plan was pure DOH with "Old Shuttle" pilots afforded guaranteed E170 positions "without regard to seniority." And they wanted to maintain their union membership in a different local. This plan was rejected completely by the arbitrator.

Last edited:
shuttle guys did ask for way too much, not a very good proposal on their side. they should have split the captain group up. the most senior shuttle capts, guys who have been there >5 years should have gotten at least 2001 for integration . next group of shuttle capt. shoud have gotten mid 2003 and final group where they are now. i think the f/o integration is not too bad though.

Wow, that was very informative. Lots of good hard facts on the issue. Hopefully this will silence critics on both sides as the facts were stated by a non biased thrid party.

Who can read that its upside down or if you prefer set up for Management only type reading...

Latest resources

Back