Shuttle/Chautauqua Integration Official

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
tindriver72 said:
Actually, very few Shuttle F/O's got a great deal. You have to remember, shuttle was contracted to fly the Saabs for United through 2006, with options for more. Now, Colgan is taking it over. I'm sure for longer than 2006. Chances are that they would all have a job for a long time.

It's simply amazing to me how some people seem to think that CHQ saved S5. CHQ really had nothing to do with it. Republic holdings PUBLIC company made the purchase, and it was prettymuch a paperwork deal anyway. Don't you remember when you were both owned by the same owner? (circa 2001)

I'm just so disgusted with how the whole thing went down. It makes me sick.

I'm not going to go back and forth here, but since the Saab guys will be operating under the CHQ C.B.A. their work rules and pay for at least the FO's will dramatically improve. Eventually the same will be said for the CA's.

Someday, when $hitty Taco is bought by ME$A - all those guys are gonna go crying to mama when they are stapled to the bottom of the Me$a list.

The next thing the combined list/union needs to do is make danm sure that the Shuttle SAAB guys DO NOT have to endure first year CHQ pay. That'd be Bull$hit. Welcome aboard, guys.

Chip said:
Big deal. The thing went to arbitration, CHQ or Shuttle had nothing to do with the abitrators decision. Blame the arbitrator then, it wont help any. Get over it, stop whining, enjoy the jet.

While the judgement from the arbitrator was definately BS, the fact that it even went to arbitration is the shameful part. If CHQ PILOTs would have played nicely then everybody would have been better off. Tell me, did any of the other unions go to arbitration over this?

Talk to the $hit Head on the MEC at Shuttle America that did not want to go with 1 for 12.

That would be a good start!

tindriver72 said:
There are people who have homes, kids, wives, husbands, etc, who now, because you couldn't share nicely, can't even give them the living they were providing them on Saab pay.

The CA's are pay protected and the FO's get their longevity at our payscale (a raise) so get the facts before you blabber on you d|ckhead.

sleddriver77 said:
The next thing the combined list/union needs to do is make danm sure that the Shuttle SAAB guys DO NOT have to endure first year CHQ pay. That'd be Bull$hit. Welcome aboard, guys.

Apparently this has already been taken care of...

With the integration of the S5 Saab guys on to the list, how will this affect the "voluntary time off without pay" on the E-145 situation? Seems kinda crazy to integrate and then have to furlough some of the guys that have been there for a while. Will there still be some movement to keep a furlough from happening? Thanks for any answers/insight.

Afixedwing said:
The CA's are pay protected and the FO's get their longevity at our payscale (a raise) so get the facts before you blabber on you d|ckhead.

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the rest of the story.........

Latest resources

Back