• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The question of the week........why does RAH need three certificates?

Maybe Wexford wants to use the Blitzcreig approach in taking over the entire world HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!............or at least a large segment of the glorious and professional regional airline industry.

So now the argument is who is benefiting more?

Well I think that answer is obvious, Shuttle America pilots benefit a lot more from this deal. However, in the long run Chautauqua pilots will benefit as well because Wexford will no longer be able to use one pilot group against the other.

Our 86 pilots will not even make a dent in the total seniority list of Chautauqua.

GuinessGuy said:
The question of the week........why does RAH need three certificates?

Maybe Wexford wants to use the Blitzcreig approach in taking over the entire world HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!............or at least a large segment of the glorious and professional regional airline industry.

They need three to get around the DAL scope of 70 or less seats. The MA planes I believe have more than 70. It's all about scope my friend. Nothing more and nothing less. RAH=get around mainline scope.

SlapShot said:
So now the argument is who is benefiting more?

Well I think that answer is obvious, Shuttle America pilots benefit a lot more from this deal. However, in the long run Chautauqua pilots will benefit as well because Wexford will no longer be able to use one pilot group against the other.

Our 86 pilots will not even make a dent in the total seniority list of Chautauqua.

No the argument isnt who is benefiting more. Its about integration. The CHQ pilot shouldnt be punished by a DOH integration, SA should be placed on the bottom at the time the of integration (after the fence is down, they would go where their new DOH would place them. A "Fair" Deal is Shuttle getting to enjoy the growth, while CHQ isnt penlized by the integration.

KingAirer said:
No the argument isnt who is benefiting more. Its about integration. The CHQ pilot shouldnt be punished by a DOH integration, SA should be placed on the bottom at the time the of integration (after the fence is down, they would go where their new DOH would place them. A "Fair" Deal is Shuttle getting to enjoy the growth, while CHQ isnt penlized by the integration.

How do you figure that the CHQ pilots would be punished by an integration? 86 numbers lower for the most JUNIOR CQ pilot, but the ability to add a few hundred underneath. Doesn't sound like a punishment to me.

You gotta remember, these guys have been working their a$$e$ off using the garbage cans that CHQ had to get off the certificate to IPO. You can't think of it as CHQ buying SA. It's republic buy SA. It's not a merger of any company. Just a joining of the list under common carrier.

KingAirer said:

Hey I posted the CHQ contract link before, you may need to review it a little more. Here is the relevant section. Staple is not fair and equitable, it ain't going to happen. Drop it already, all you are doing is creating hard feelings. There will be SA guys that hold senior Captain positions on a combined list.

"In the event of a merger of airline operations between the Company

and another air carrier the Company will require, as a condition of

any such operational merger that provisions be included requiring

that the surviving carrier shall provide for fair and equitable

integration of the pre-merger pilots’ seniority lists in accordance

with Articles 3 and 13 of the Allegheny Mohawk LPPs."

A staple is hardly reasonable and is most certainly advocated by the most junior pilots at CHQ. Their impudence has no limits. As I see it the SA union has the upper hand with respect to decisions made regarding integration on its certificate. I'm not surprised by the commotion regarding this relatively simple issue, it simply reinforces my observation that the pilot group in general is self serving and suffers from advanced stages of envy and implacable greed. Thankfully these decisions will be made by more reasonable minds.

I have a question about the contract, if it has been answered already, please forgive me.

Who's contract will be followed at SA once these shiny new jets are flying? Is a new contract being negotiated or will it be the same old Shuttle contract. Just curious as I know the contract at SA is not such a good one, although I'm sure the Chq one is not a whole lot better.

Flash, hope this helps answer the question

April 8, 2005

Mr. Wayne Heller

Executive Vice President and

Chief Operating Officer

Republic Airways Holdings, Inc.

8909 Purdue Road

Suite #300

Indianapolis, IN 46268

RE: Shuttle America, Inc.

Dear Mr. Heller:

As you have informed me in our recent discussions, ERJ-170 aircraft may be assigned to the Shuttle America certificate prior to the proposed acquisition by Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. We understand that this would facilitate the FAA ERJ-170 certification process. The owner/lease status of those ERJ-170 aircraft remains to be resolved.

While we understand the Company’s desire to have Shuttle certified as a 170 operator as soon as possible and to utilize existing Chautauqua 170-qualified pilots, we do have major concerns about allowing Chautauqua pilots to fly 170 aircraft operated by another airline in advance of an acquisition permitted under Article 1.D.3 to which the protections set forth in Article 1.H. apply.

Cognizant of the Company’s unique situation and the desire of this Local to provide growth opportunities for our Chautauqua pilots through Republic’s potential acquisition of Shuttle America, Inc., the Union will grant a limited waiver of our Scope clause allowing Chautauqua pilots to operate ERJ-170 aircraft on the Shuttle certificate owned and operated by Shuttle America, Inc. on the terms and conditions set forth below:

1. Upon the acquisition of Shuttle America by Republic, all ERJ-170 aircraft on the Shuttle certificate or on firm order will be considered to be Chautauqua/Republic aircraft for the purposes of Article 1.H.5.e. of the Chautauqua/IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement and will be flown by pilots on the Chautauqua pilots’ system seniority list during any period of separate operations.

2. All provisions of the Chautauqua/IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement will govern Chautauqua pilots flying the ERJ-170 aircraft on the Shuttle certificate prior to and after Republic Airways Holdings, Inc.’s acquisition of Shuttle America.

3. Chautauqua Airlines may continue to publish bids for the ERJ-170 Shuttle flying prior to the acquisition, however no more than ten (10) Captains and ten (10) First Officers may fly the ERJ-170 aircraft on the Shuttle certificate prior to the complete purchase of Shuttle America by Republic Airways, Inc.

4. This Scope waiver and the terms and conditions contained herein will terminate, and not be continued in effect by the status quo provisions of the RLA, unless the Shuttle acquisition by Republic Airways Holdings, Inc. is completed within three (3) months of the date of signing of this Agreement, in which event this Letter of Agreement shall run concurrent with the Chautauqua/IBT Collective Bargaining Agreement unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties.

Please understand that we will not recognize the validity of the April 1, 2005 bid, or consent to the entry of pilots into training, unless and until this Letter of Agreement is executed by the Company.

cc: Bryan Bedford, President and CEO of Republic Airways Holdings, Inc.

(Via US Mail and Facsimile Transmission)

Ron Henson, Esq. - (Via US Mail and Facsimile Transmission)

Don Treichler, Director, Airline Division – (Via US Mail and Facsimile Transmission)

Roland Wilder, Esq. – (Via US Mail and Facsimile Transmission)

CHQ Executive Council - (Via US Mail

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back