Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Corbon said:
Why should the guys who got fired after 9/11 and went to Shuttle get any special treatment? I don't understand this. I got fired too, except I waited for a recall and it happened. They didn't. They took the first thing that came along and resigned their seniority number at CHQ. Why should they go ahead of me in seniority because they made a bad career move? Life is full of choices and you should be responsible for the ones you make.

Hey, A$$, they were fed some major bull regarding their futures with the company. And so were you. Some of those guys you call "Brother" over there at CHQ, also resigned their seniority, but not from CHQ. They got lucky because they had a job in between, so they resigned from that. Good for them. But don't be so high and mighty because someone has to put food on the table. Are you gonna feed their family, or buy their clothes? I mean come on, you probably went to school with most of them.

Now I am among the group that believes that they should be integrated fairly, and with the rest of the pilots on the list. It would be a great sign of unity. They should not get their old numbers back, and obviously, not be put senior to you.

I am gonna be flying with a good lot of you for the next couple of years, so lets try to get along. I say couple because the love for REGIONAL airlines has been beaten out of most of us at SA, so I can't imagine, no matter how great life is over at Chapublic America, any more than half of us plan on staying forever. So the small ding that the additon of 86 pilots will cause on your prescious list will be short lived.

Lets try this. RAH, thank you for the opportunity to have a future. I have been so scared about what my life was beyond shuttle, that no matter where I fall on the CHQ/SA/RA seniority list, I don't have to worry. At least I can afford a house, car payment, and maybe a date every once and a while.

unity

Last edited:
Hmmmm, Interesting...

So let me ask this then. If that is the case with those at Shuttle America, then would you not think it fair to do the same with those of us now flying at Midatlantic...?

Being as we are bringing in 25 aircraft now along with 3 growth aircraft for 28 near term. And have an agreement in place for an additional 19 aircraft (including a number of E-190's, of which only our scope clause allows) for a total of 47 E-Jets under US Airways colors...

Just wondering because as it stands, the question remains exactly what the pilots now on the CHQ senority list would like to see and what is fair in terms of an future integration once the deal (in whatever form) goes through.

Curious about opinions. Thanks

dakotaHC8 said:
If that is the case with those at Shuttle America, then would you not think it fair to do the same with those of us now flying at Midatlantic...?

Sure, if the USAir/RAH deal gets to the point that an integration of seniority lists becomes part of the program, you should get the same treatment as SA.

The only problem there is that different unions represent both groups, so things could get very, very sticky...

Come on over, the more the merrier.

Yes and no, Both are AFL-CIO. And there already exists somewhat of a working relationship between the two parties.

For example, back in the last contract talks for CHQ, when Republic was proposed as a stand alone alter-ego airline, Both ALPA National and the US Airways ALPA stood with the CHQ Teamsters and fought against the creation of such a thing. (at least as US Airways Express was concerned it would have been a no go).

The reason I ask, is that I overheard a few complaints in the PHL crewroom, and one newly upgraded CHQ CA waiting for a flight in IND expressing disatisfaction with what theyviewed as anything that might slow their short upgrade time. IMO it seems that with the growth that we would be bringing to the party, that if anything the USX flying would speed upgrades and increase hiring rather than slow things down.

It is just my opinion, but in the long run it seems there is more to be gained from working together to find a mutually acceptable situation than to butt heads. Afterall, what is weak and with pilots on furlough today, might find itself merged into another airline and strong tommorow.

Just food for thought, but I would really like to hear some feedback from CHQ/SA guys/gals.

Thanks

DakotaHC8,

I fully agree with Allegheny and Mohawk Article 3 Fair and Equitable!!!

This is the point the SA pilot group wants to get across to the pilot group at CHQ (or at least the 10% complaining).

You bring a/c & growth, come on over. Strength in a larger unified group!

The reason I ask, is that I overheard a few complaints in the PHL crewroom, and one newly upgraded CHQ CA waiting for a flight in IND expressing disatisfaction with what theyviewed as anything that might slow their short upgrade time. IMO it seems that with the growth that we would be bringing to the party, that if anything the USX flying would speed upgrades and increase hiring rather than slow things down.
Im not sure I follow here. Are you talking about J4J or integration or what?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back