Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BendOverAgain? said:
More than likely a Republic Pilot list, not a Chq or even a Shuttle list. And that list will be the feeder of pilots to both Chq & Shuttle America.

If it were to be a "Chq pilot list" so to speak, then both Shuttle & Chq combined would make up the Chq pilots list and would be flying the 170's - just under a different certificate and still would be a grey area for Chq's scope clause!

In short, Republic (NOT CHQ) is looking into purchasing Shuttle America. The few at Chq that are on their self made throwns need to come down to reality and join the masses. Shuttle America is not going to be a little Red Headed Step Child, But a subsidary of Republic Holding just as Chq is. I'm sure the majority of pilots from both sides are going to blend into one strong professional pilot group, how about the other 10%?

You are not correct. RAH is going to purchase SA. The CHQ contract states that ANY flying done by RAH, is done by pilots on the CHQ seniority list. Will there be a change in the name of the ONE list?? Who knows. And I am not on any self made thrown, just stating the reality of the CHQ CBA. I am reading as we speak in Article 1 section D. As far as integration, welcome aboard.

ERJDRVR said:
FYI,

The SA deal is not done until the CHQ MEC signs off on it...........

Not looking to stir up any fires. Myself, I have several friends at CHQ and I am looking forward to the overdue merger. We've been in a single carrier status from the beginning and it was due to come adventually.

And there's a choice? $1,000,000 a month penalty to continue as is past June. See what the shareholders & Brian Bedford are saying on the Republic web site about paying all that money for breaking the scope clause. Not happy campers.

If I'm not mistaken, both SA and CHQ were told to play nice or else on this one by Wexford. And I'm sure that SA's current 88 pilots (not counting the Chief Pilot and DO that are on the list) will be transparent in the overall picture. Especially when the growth starts.

See you on the line!

BendOverAgain? said:
And I'm sure that SA's current 88 pilots (not counting the Chief Pilot and DO that are on the list) will be transparent in the overall picture. Especially when the growth starts.

See you on the line!

Don't put the cart before the horse.

First there are 86 pilots because one of the latest new hires did not make it through training and our Director of SOC is on the list. I do not know if the CHQ CBA allows management on the list.

Secondly, I know there is some SA pilots are talking about the memory items of the 170... COME ON!!!!! Let's complete the acquisition before we start talking about memory items of an airplane that few (if any of us) will be senior enough to hold.

This is the best thing that ALMOST happened to Shuttle America. Until it is all done, that is all it is.

Slapshot you are not far off:

http://www.ibt747.org/airlines/chq/chq-contract.htm

Management pilots, other than Chief Pilot(s) and Assistant Chief Pilot(s), hired by
the Company without first being trained and qualified as a line pilot
by Chautauqua Airlines will not be given a seniority number.

a. Except as provided for in A.1. above, a management pilot
shall retain and continue to accrue seniority and longevity.
b. A management pilot may return to line flying in the status to
which his seniority would entitle him.

JMHO, As for the memory items, people are excited, first really potential positive thing to ALMOST happen to us in years. Let them play around and enjoy!

Last edited:
It seems the rumors just keep getting better and better.

(Disclaimer: These do not count the T.V. rumors. I am also sure I have forgotten a few.)

First one I remember was the CRJs we were going to get from some French carrier that went out of business.

70 seat CRJs for United

Then was the American Connection rumor.

Now this.

The next one will be we bought out USAirways for their 757s

Inconceivable said:
Cokey McCokerson is on the list? Still?!?

Welcome back efiscompmon. I thought that after "ARE" last run in you had disapeared for good. How is Pinnacle treating you? Are you upset that shortly after you left Shuttle they might get jets? To bad!! When all this is said and done you might have held 145 Captain on the combined list. Oh well buddy! Gear up! You will be hearing that for a few more years now. Why don't you just worry about pissing off your new brothers?

SlapShot said:
It seems the rumors just keep getting better and better.

(Disclaimer: These do not count the T.V. rumors. I am also sure I have forgotten a few.)

First one I remember was the CRJs we were going to get from some French carrier that went out of business.

70 seat CRJs for United

Then was the American Connection rumor.

Now this.

The next one will be we bought out USAirways for their 757s

Don't forget the Dojets.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back