• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I want to thank the CHQ FO who walked up to me in the G gates yesterday and said, "Welcome aboard, it is nice to see something good happen for a pilot group that has had it hard for the past few years." [/font]

Musta been a guy with an upgrade class date later this month...

sleddriver77 said:
Musta been a guy with an upgrade class date later this month...

Probably, and he knows that his growth is due to Shuttle America haven taken over the SAAB's making the IPO more profitable, and not to mention the jet growth for Chq prior. And Shuttle's certificate enabling the addition of more larger a/c to the Republic holdings - with no scope clauses or large penalties unlike Chq or Republic.

This merger is overdue and good for everyone. Seems only part of the most junior at Chq are upset as they don't apparently see the whole picture, only the picture during their short time there at Chq and are afraid of loosing a space or two from the seniority list, not realizing that this will bring several hundred more shortly after the merger to the seniority list with the growth that will be permitted. Nor do they realize that by Shuttle taking on the SAAB's and allowed no quality of life to make them work, opened the door for Chq to become an all jet carrier with the growth potential we see today.

1 year from now when the smoke settles this will be but a memory and the industry will have seen major growth in Republic holdings.

It is so pathetic to hear any CHQ pilot b!tching about DOH integration with 86 pilots. You have been lucky enough to have experienced extreme growth in the last five years (some attribute it to bottom-feeding whorish behavior, but I do not subscribe to that line of thinking). Don't ruin your Karma.

Wow. If the last one was directed at me, I guess my previous post was not read with the humor with which it was intended. Of course, most of the junior guys at CHQ aren't exactly ecstatic about having the SA guys filter in between us, most of us came to CHQ for the fairly rapid upgrade, while still making somewhat livable pay. Failing that, we'd have gone to Colgan or someplace and upgrarded in two weeks still flying for top ramen. The 90 or so guys on the SA list isn't a whole lot, and it's not gonna drop any CHQ pilot unbearably far down the list. We are starting to lose guys off the top here a little faster than we were, and an additional 9 170's will provide slots for all the Shuttle guys. When you figure in CHQ's love of seatlocks and such, it's not like the Saab drivers are gonna be training to be jet captains tomorrow, and the Jet F/O's are gonna train into the Saab, etc. The SA guys' integration into the CHQ system will probably happen very SLOWLY, as the Saabs are phased out, and for the most part, should be unnoticed by virtually all current CHQ pilots. Also, I think you'll see ALL operations move to the Republic certificate as soon as it is up and running, except that CHQ will operate any of the "red headed stepchild" stuff, such as the STL AAconnection base, in order to get around AA scope. So, ShuttleDudes, welcome to RepubTauqMerica Holdings, or whatever we are this week. :D

Everybody always gets their panties in a wad over integration issues. Some people even go so far as to say things like "THEY aren't buying US out". From some line schmuck no different than you or I, as if that individual's contribution to the company makes one bit of difference to the success of the company, or some SA pilot's own contribution to that company is why they are being "bought out". Illusions of grandeur from a tiny, replaceable cog in a huge, greasy machine.

Wishing anything other than a fair integration for BOTH parties is simply bad karma. Welcome them aboard, literally and figuratively, because what goes around will come around. And I'm relatively junior at CHQ now.

Sled, give me a call the next time you're in BUF, we can go to Otto's again. And bring that sexy, crazy FA with you. Actually, just tell her to come by herself. I'd rather take just her...:p

BendOverAgain? said:
Probably, and he knows that his growth is due to Shuttle America haven taken over the SAAB's making the IPO more profitable, and not to mention the jet growth for Chq prior. And Shuttle's certificate enabling the addition of more larger a/c to the Republic holdings - with no scope clauses or large penalties unlike Chq or Republic.

This merger is overdue and good for everyone. Seems only part of the most junior at Chq are upset as they don't apparently see the whole picture, only the picture during their short time there at Chq and are afraid of loosing a space or two from the seniority list, not realizing that this will bring several hundred more shortly after the merger to the seniority list with the growth that will be permitted. Nor do they realize that by Shuttle taking on the SAAB's and allowed no quality of life to make them work, opened the door for Chq to become an all jet carrier with the growth potential we see today.

1 year from now when the smoke settles this will be but a memory and the industry will have seen major growth in Republic holdings.

If you are so willing to commit CHQ jr FOs to a DOH merger, with all this growth, why are YOU so worried??

KingAirer said:
If you are so willing to commit CHQ jr FOs to a DOH merger, with all this growth, why are YOU so worried??

I'm sorry, I've re-read my post and I don't see where I "appear" worried. Just stating what appears obvious from the other side of the company (Wexford).

Right now it appears that the merger is going to happen - no one knows for sure how the intergration will go. Any fair intergration (DOH, 12-1 ratio, etc) should be how it turns out. That's all anyone should ask for and not try to get a bump up on someone or hold another down.

You, and others, appear to be worried about a staple. Although this may be the incorrect action to take, it does seem ironic that you keep telling us that our Jr FOs should be Ok at the bottom of the list b/c of all the new growth thanks to SA. That their time there will be short. This same bottom of the list that you are so afraid of. Please dont believe all the growth hype. We may add, but be prepared to lose airplanes also.

KingAirer said:
it does seem ironic that you keep telling us that our Jr FOs should be Ok at the bottom of the list b/c of all the new growth thanks to SA. That their time there will be short. This same bottom of the list that you are so afraid of.

You don't see why a three-year captain at SA would be "worried" about a staple to the bottom at CHQ? You don't see how a three-year seniority pilot at a union carrier about to be integrated into another carrier's seniority list with the same union is more "worried" about a staple to the bottom and less worried about a six-month FO at the bigger carrier?

Am I reading this right?

Shirley you can't be serious. You call it ironic... I call it anything but ironic. People want to keep their seat, keep their relative seniority even. Those Krazy Saab drivers!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back