• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shuttle America Q's....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The jet will limit the question marks on your resume. Some carriers will not want you to apply with only the 1900 on your resume. Jetblue -wants a heavier airplane, World Airways-I believe wants a heavier airplane, Cathay -wants a heavier airplane. Jetblue, Frontier, Spirit prefer jet and/or glass time in their candidates. I realize prefered and required are 2 different things....but in a very competitive industry...i would prefer to have as many of their preferences that i could get.

The 1900 is horribly loud, no APU, little room, no bathroom, no flight attendant, no drinks. It sure beats the 172...but when compared to all the other choices at regional airlines....it is on the bottom.

Do i like it? Sure. Lots of fun times to be had. Lots to learn, and it will no doubt make you a better pilot. However....between the jet and the 1900....gotta go with the jet.

Last edited:
FDXFO2007 said:
From someone who knows.... DONT EVEN THINK OF WORKING FOR SA!
And that, as they say, is the LAST WORD. No need to argue. :rolleyes:

Sa

I worked for SA, and it was a savior after 9-11, The mgt was not great but the crews are great to work with. For people looking to get some Turbine time its a job and you will fly to build your hours. Thinking about the 1900 comment, the Saab was loud and had no APU

whiskytangofoxt said:
Thinking about the 1900 comment, the Saab was loud and had no APU
Yes, but at least it has a FA, Coke, Diet Coke, etc... and all the d@mm pretzles you can shove in your mouth!

Don't forget the "sky mix"!!

"The taste of a new generation".

Or something like that. :)

Speaking of "a new generation", be prepared for the Mother of All Shuttle Rumors, starting later today.

Stay tuned, kids. It's about to get VERY rumorific around here.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back