Shuttle America Q's....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyChicaga said:
So come October will there be furloughs because of the fleet reduction? I thought there are classes running right now.
Nope, no furloughs. The current company thinking is that they might want to staff for five crews per airplane.

*gasp!*

Keep in mind that I don't personally believe we've ever even had 4 crews per airplane before now.... Possibly even less than THREE. And no, I am not going to bother to do the math.

With the number of FO's that have left, the upgrade class next month, and the number of FO's they presume are likely to leave once their training contract is up, they decided to run a class.

Just guessing, do you think SA will be hiring still into December? What do you think will happen being a SA pilot already?

Thanks

Justino

Ps. PM me if you want to talk to about it other then the public option!

Thanks again

Justino said:
Just guessing, do you think SA will be hiring still into December? What do you think will happen being a SA pilot already?
Ya lost me here, Justino. What will happen to a CURRENT SA pilot? Well if we're still hiring in December, I guess you get better seniority!

I'm not trying to start an argument here. Merely trying to find out what's going on. Last I heard, SA's contract with United was only for one year. Did you guys sign a new contract or are you hanging on to see what happens at the end of the year. Doesn't sound that great if you lose Airways and then only have 8 months left on your only remaining contract. I hope that's not the case. Let me know if you have an info.

No argument necessary.

To the best of my knowledge, our contract expires in the summer of next year.

I can't really add anything more to that... Other than we didn't "lose Airways", WE ditched THEM. We weren't consistently making money with them, and we do (are, will, take your pick) with United.

Justino said:
Sorry, I should have clarified more. Do u think SA will be hiring in Dec?
No idea.

Your profile sez you're "swimming in the pool".... Whose pool are you swimming in, exactly?

Skyway! It was my first interview! I am excited to be able to finally fly for an airline. Now, I am just worried about delta going under cause if it does I was told by numerous people that the pool would be flushed. So as in any business, always keep my options open with other companies for "just in case" backup plan.

Take care,

Justino

I think you would have the same fears with pretty much each and every other regional right now. Half of this industry is what you put into it....the other half is luck. Just keep the fingers crossed, and hope they also put you in the jet rather then the 1900! The difference will be huge.

BRA:

What would the difference be career wise if I dont get the jet? The 1900 looks like a blast to fly. Do you like it?

C yah

Justino

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back