Shuttle America over run

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sinca3

What was the outcome of the SA E170 that ran off the end of the runway...I believe it was in CLE.

no injuries/ fatalities.

It seems like the plane is still in CLE. Is that the same 170 in the air svc hgr? It can't be. Can it?

The pilots were both drowned when upper management stood on their shoulders to keep their own sorry heads above the water.

The pilots were both drowned when upper management stood on their shoulders to keep their own sorry heads above the water.
I hope your not defending these two. It would be fine to define them if all they did was screw up and go off the end of the runway, but what they did after they went off the runway is the reason they should be fired and not defended.

I hope your not defending these two. It would be fine to define them if all they did was screw up and go off the end of the runway, but what they did after they went off the runway is the reason they should be fired and not defended.

what was it?

What did they do?

The CA allegedly stayed in the cockpit - not enquiring after the pax. The FO (who was a nice guy) apparently left the cockpit and asked after the pax/FAs.
One was fired (CA), the other resigned (FO) before they could fire him.

That was not the reason they were fired. Their alleged actions after the fact, or lack thereof, (you were there, were ya?) were never mentioned in the terse letters I saw that they received terminating their employment.

Whether or not their actions before, during and after the accident rose to the level of firing offenses never had the chance to be determined. They drowned for the above stated reason.

I hope "your" never on my jury.

Last edited:
Their alleged actions after the fact, or lack thereof, (you were there, were ya?) were never mentioned in the terse letters I saw that they received terminating their employment.

Their alleged actions were in some letter your CEO blasted. It was posted here and some other places. Dont remember the details but it centered around operational frustrations and highlighted that the crew sat in the cockpit and didnt even make PA's to let the PAX know what was going on. That and it took ops some time to get the pax off the airplane. There were also some issues with pax names not being passed to the mainline incident people and the pax didnt get followup calls like they were supposed to.

Most of the message was operational stuff, but it did say some stuff about the pilots.

Latest resources

Back