• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shutdown

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh so this is the fear part? fewer owners=fewer aircraft=furlough pilots. lets make sure we get it right.

How about this. You must be using your vast flying knowledge, ATP or A&P and a few thousand hours in command to decide what writeup broken item is insignificant vs non.

A writeup is a writeup. Carrying broken aircraft is illegal. You want a higher percentage of availability in aircraft? Maintain them better and more often.

Yes older airplanes do break less. I know the older X's I fly perform much better and break less than the newer ones. Okay 1000 hrs whatever. Cessna never built these planes to do that. Ask them. They don't build airline type equipment. They build corporate aircraft that is able to see a crew chief every week.

loverobot said:
Just curious, is a dispatcher required for a fractional operator? Does the FAA require a dispatcher to sign off on a release for 91k or 135 flights as they are with a 121 operation?

No

X

You're right said:
are you prepared to accept the business ramifcations of these actions?

Yes.

What part of 93% voting in favor of a Strike did you not understand?

I want the union to walk out of the SHAM negotiations right now.

Last word is management has offered 5th yr pay about 7 k lower than last yrs rejected TA ... with NO INSURANCE. No Retro , No Scope.

I am happier continuing just as we are now...

Last edited:
Chup--You guys are in the same boat as every other group out there today. Until there is a flood of people out the door, taking their valuable (in dollar terms--that's the only way management views it) training with them, nothing will change.

Right now, whether it's due to lack of opportunity, lethargy or QOL v. pay people aren't leaving.

I make below NBAA pay. Sure I'd like a $30k raise to get me there. But I don't want to have to move to HPN to get it. That's my choice and my employer has no reason to bump me up because he can't move around his office because of the piles of resumes he gets.

I hope you get what you are after. I'm just not optimistic at this time. Good luck.TC

You're right said:
...Again, fewer owners = fewer aircraft = fewer pilots
...There is culpability on both sides of this TEAM, and both sides will pay a large price if the equation above plays out...
This is true. What managament fails to accept is that if they give what we're asking now, the "large price" later can be avoided.

The true equation is: fewer owners = less money = goodbye NetJets. There is one simple way to avoid this. Can you guess what it is?

Ultra Grump said:
This is true. What managament fails to accept is that if they give what we're asking now, the "large price" later can be avoided.

The true equation is: fewer owners = less money = goodbye NetJets. There is one simple way to avoid this. Can you guess what it is?

ok ultragrump,

I give up...lets bury this company...lets all get unemployed together...

You win..the pilots win...YAHOO.....the pilots win....

NetJets is out of business....

aa17

I don't know if you remember it but you and g200 and G4G5 were talking about how corparate flight departments don't lose money they actually make money for the flight department.

It was an excellent post and is dead on. problem i can't find it. It was in the corp section. Do you remember it?

Ultra Grump said:

Lockout the Union and bring in pilots who want to work and build a good company? How can a company survive going 400 million in dept just to pay a portion of it's workforce? And the excuse that the Company wastes money doesn't buy it. If it could be easily fixed, it would be.

dukeofdub said:
Lockout the Union and bring in pilots who want to work and build a good company? How can a company survive going 400 million in dept just to pay a portion of it's workforce? And the excuse that the Company wastes money doesn't buy it. If it could be easily fixed, it would be.

Duke, I don't think it will ever come to that, but you are right about the cost savings. Low hanging fruit has been easily picked, and the travel committe, (a JOINT venture of management and pilots,) has saved the company a lot of money. When or if the contract is done and the pilots decide to want to be part of a team, then we can get back to working on cost savings. But until then we will watch money fly out the window as pilots ground aircraft and show their solidarity.

FAcFriend said:
ok ultragrump,

I give up...lets bury this company...lets all get unemployed together...

You win..the pilots win...YAHOO.....the pilots win....

NetJets is out of business....
I've never said "let's bury the company." You fail to realize that management has the ability to bring this to a close. How much do all the selloffs cost the company? How much does losing owners because of OS and lack of aircraft cost? I would venture a guess that the pay we're asking for is a drop in the bucket in comparison. Management has the ability to change ALL of this. The question is, when will they?

Latest resources

Back