• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Should I leave Allegiant for Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know a former Allegiant captain who took recall to American Airlines after 9 years here. He wishes he never left. The grass isn't always greener. Give it a little time to see if the Teamsters can get the job done before jumping ship unless you get offered a dream job.

He's not sorry he left because of the job but because of the nature of the job.

Don't make any big changes until after we know about the strike. This could turn out to be a good place. Allegiant was the most profitable airline in the entire world in 2013, #2 in 2012, behind only Copa. Management has a lot to lose with a strike.
I know a former Allegiant captain who took recall to American Airlines after 9 years here. He wishes he never left. The grass isn't always greener. Give it a little time to see if the Teamsters can get the job done before jumping ship unless you get offered a dream job.

Uhhhhhh, say what? Most profitable airline in "the entire World in 2013???"

Here is a synopsis of 2013 for Allegiant:

"Allegiant Travel Co, parent company of ultra-low cost carrier (ULCC) Allegiant Air, announced a fourth quarter 2013 net profit of $17.5 million, or 94 cents per diluted share on Wednesday. The Las Vegas based carrier also announced a 2013 annual net profit of $91.8 million, or $4.82 per diluted share. An increase in fares combined with decreases in fuel and maintenance costs were largely responsible for the 17% year-over-year (YOY) increase in profits over 2012."

The big 3 make three times that ($92 mil) PER MONTH, and DL and UA give profit sharing too.

My advice is to get some time at Allegiant and then apply to a legacy. Each has 5,000 plus retirements over the next decade, the contracts are getting better, and they treat you with more respect compared to your management. Move on to a carrier that will have upward movement and pays better with a variety of flying to boot. And one that doesn't give you $1 an hour per diem. Seriously??? $1 an hour? Come on now! Sheesh.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I believe he was talking about margins. Big difference between spending $9 to make $10 and spending $499 to make $500. Now pish off back to the Delta and SWA threads.

Thanks Jim Cramer! He's still incredibly wrong, and his airline has terrible pay, work rules, etc. Trying to convince anyone to go there or stay there is wrong. You should know that too, you fruitcake.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Build up some airbus PIC, apply to Delta, AA, UAL standby for them to call. Worst case if Allegiant fails you can get in at Blue, Spirit, Frontier or Virgin pretty quick.

Latest resources

Back