• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shot at a legacy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do the jobs no one else wants to do, live in the places no one else wants to live and in a couple of years folks will talk about how you "lucked" into a great job.

Exactly.....

I thought HA emphasized hiring only locals; is that just a false rumor?

Totally false, being local is certainly a plus, but I would say most of the new hires I fly with are from the mainland. There simply is no set demographic.
I can't tell you the exact numbers, just the new hires I fly with in the AirBus.

Last edited:
I would say 121 experience is important along with time in a Boeing, Airbus or Douglas. Those things would be more impressive than time in a 1900 or BE99. Much of the advice guys give is very 1980's/1990's hiring. We haven't seen much hiring in a while and HR is much more in control than in years past. Jet time and glass time are also must haves.

Here's a question, been sitting right seat in an rj for 6 years 5k plus hrs there, took the upgrade in the brasilia getting some great experience and some turbo prop pic, should I transition back to the jet or does it matter where the pic time comes from since I already have a ton of rj time?

Here's a question, been sitting right seat in an rj for 6 years 5k plus hrs there, took the upgrade in the brasilia getting some great experience and some turbo prop pic, should I transition back to the jet or does it matter where the pic time comes from since I already have a ton of rj time?

Get the TPIC

Get the TPIC

I would agree.

Then if you can without taking a big QOL hit, transition back to the RJ as a Captain.

And there is some guess work these days since hiring hasn't been happening for largely 5 plus years. But some things never have seemed to change through the years like networking and burning bridges. You can know 100 people that will love you, but the one that doesn't can trump the other 100.

Doesn't matter.

Thanks for all the comments. Checked the box for:
1. Not a db
2. 400 SIC turbojet
3. College degree (not meant as flamebait)
4. ATP

Also, latest at Gojet is capt upgrades in 3 months.

Check Six

Latest resources

Back