• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

check six

Majors guys:

Does a pilot stand a better chance getting to a legacy/major:

1. 1000 PIC on a 1900
2. 1000 PIC on a 135 Learjet
3. 2000 hours SIC in an RJ (because rj captains are sitting tight)

Thanks,

Check Six

I'm no major guy, I'm actually a 6,000 hr RJ FO, but of all you mentioned above, I would probably prefer to be the guy with TPIC 1900 time in a 121 airliner....

I think another good question, is for RJ FOs like myself stuck in the right seat, is it a better idea to go sit right seat at a National airline on an A-320 and still try for UAL/DAL, or sit tight and wait for an upgrade that may never come?

Determining the right choice in this biz will take some time to determine.... do you have 30 years?

Suck it up get your 1000 PIC Turbine then go park yourself at a good place to wait it out. Watched many guys stay at Ameriflight or Lakes get there time while everyone was running to the regionals only to come to the regionals after them and get they legacy job before them because they could check the box. I didn't do this just got lucky being the the left seat when upgrades were quick and no one was hiring.

Chairman

I think the PIC is best, and then 121 jet SIC next. I think the legacies will go after the guys with PIC first, but when they run out they will go for the rest. But, getting on at the beginning of a hiring wave is always better than at the end.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Repeat after me,....... PIC is the key. Always has been, always will be.

1000 pic in the 1900 or Lear part 135. Both have good qualities. Part 121 or a high performance jet flying at fl450, both are good but if I was hiring in would take the Lear guy.

Sorry Jar Jar, there's no "box" to check on the applications.

Check Six, get your 1000 hours ME turbine PIC anyway you can and network. Getting calls for interviews is all about meeting mins and having recommendations.

Do the jobs no one else wants to do, live in the places no one else wants to live and in a couple of years folks will talk about how you "lucked" into a great job.

Latest resources

Back