Shoes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hawk Driver said:
All of the Doc's I have ever seen had a yellow thread that wrapped around the outside of the shoe. They also had two inch platforms and most of the soles are translucent.

If you want to get hired by a professional company, dress like a professional.

HD

Ahh the yellow stiching. I see. My last two pairs have not had that.

I will keep that in mind though when you interview me. :laugh:

Fozzy said:
Ahh the yellow stiching. I see. My last two pairs have not had that.

I will keep that in mind though when you interview me. :laugh:

Don't need to interview you Fozzy.

This wasn't meant as a pissing contest. I have owned/worn Doc's for a long time. I would never consider them "professional" enough for an interview. When someone interviews we look at many things, one of them is appearance. More than likely, even if they failed the appearance check, they would still get hired if everything else went well.

I stick to my guns and will tell those that are NJA hopefuls, stay away from wearing Doc's to the interview and save them for the road.

HD

Last edited:
Hawk,
Just having some fun with you. I love my Doc's but wore the Bostonions (sp) for the interview. Not sure if anyone looked at my shoes, but I do agree, the yellow stitching would be a little much.

BTW what or who is JF? Is that me?

I also hear wearing clown shoes is a plus if you are looking for a scheduling job.

I'll be the third to recommend Ecco's. They're great--light, well-made, comfortable. Look like a dress shoe, but wear almost like tennis shoes.

What about.... Stacy Adams Suit with the matchin stacy adams shoes. what kind of impression would that make in a interview?

I used to be pretty particular about my uniform shoe. For years the Rockport Dressport was an awseome shoe... and then it got cheaped down with different styles and materials. I never wanted to wear Docks with the uniform as it gives the appearance of a Lexus with monster tires on it... JMO.

I looked and looked and looked and decided that there were few shoes out there without leather soles (that get ate up by glycol) that would work.

I did decide that the shoe needed to be XRay friendly and have no laces. I was tired of laces.

In the end I just said "whatever" and bought a pair of Covingtons from Sears for $50.00.

They still look professional and they are confy.

Bass Wejuns (whatever they're called - penny loafers).
Never have a problem wearing them through the scanner but if you did, they are a breeze to slip on and off.

Hawk Driver said:
The Doc's I have seen aren't to be worn with a Navy Blue suit. I do interviews for NJA and I would ding anyone wearing Doc's. Just the facts.

HD

Well you have not seen the some of the new Doc's. They are black and have black soles too.

As far as dinging someone for wearing Doc's to an interview, that is real professional. I have seen guys on the road wearing black tennis shoes and that goes for NJ guys too.

Grow up. I suppose you were the guy that told his mom when someone called you a name in school?

Latest resources

Back