Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SDCFI

Registered Offender
I know there have been questions about shoes in the past, but the new search engine sucks and I haven't been able to find any of them. What are you people out there wearing these days? I'm looking for something that would work for both an interview and out on the line flying. I like the cap-toe style from the usual suspects (Ecco, Florsheim, Rockport, etc.) But I'm also looking at the Clarks Strait which is more of an oxford style with a slip-resistant outsole. What do your companies (esp. NJA) give you as far as guidance on uniform footwear? Right now I'm flying freight so I've been spoiled by getting away with pretty much anything that does the job and looks half-way decent. Toodles.

I hope you don't wear Doc's to your interview. Just find something that looks professional and are very comfortable. I am personally wearing Skechers with rubber soles and would work well in an interview. I got them at the DSW shoe outlet on close out.

Hope this helps,

HD

Fozzy said:
And what would be wrong with Doc's?

The Doc's I have seen aren't to be worn with a Navy Blue suit. I do interviews for NJA and I would ding anyone wearing Doc's. Just the facts.

HD

So shoes make the man?

Why Hawk, because the shoes are black?
My uniform looks blue to me. And my Doc's have done well with my uniform for many years while in a pilot uniform.
I guess I am not sure where you are coming from. But if you don't like the brand name and that is a reason for not offering someone a job, well all I can say is I am glad I don't to deal with you in an interview.
What is next, no suit's from Men's warehouse?

Maybe you should stick with a person's resume.

As an old airline captain once said, 'If you think your outfit/shoes makes you look like a million dollars, you will act like you are worth a million dollars.' I have two pairs. One for interviewing that are of good quality, and IF I need to fly in them I can. And another pair that are not as dressy, but I can still wear with a suit/uniform and usually fly in. The brands are Johnston & Murphy and Nunn Bush. Hope this helps

I always look for the "Airport Friendly Shoes" for that annoying trip through security where they may or may not require your shoes be removed. (currently Deer Stag Brand)

Latest resources

Back