• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shoes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
H.S. Trasks. Very durable all weather shoes. Many styles to choose from, nice boots as well that slip on and off, waterproof but still dressy. Also, very comfortable. Pricey, 150.00 dollar range.

I'm on my third pair of the Bostonian Treviso. It's airport freindly and has a rubber soul for better traction on snow and ice. The rubber soul wears out in about a year, but they only cost $79.99 so I think they're worth it.

FLYHY said:
As an old airline captain once said, 'If you think your outfit/shoes makes you look like a million dollars, you will act like you are worth a million dollars.'

As an old airline captain once said, "If you want to retire with a really nice pension, get a job with United or Delta"

Eccos get my vote for pilot work and casual wear. The most comfortable, durable, and good looking shoe in my opinion. I've had my current pair for over a year, and they hardly show any wear (they are also airport safe). I have a slip on pair, and you can't even tell they are by the way the trousers break over the shoe. They are a little more expensive, but worth every penny.

For an interview, I'd stick to something more of a classic dress shoe (lace up).....I like my Salvatore Ferragamos. They look like a million bucks, but they will definitely put a dent in your wallet. Ah, the price of fashion! :pimp:

ECCO ECCO ECCO ECCO ECCO

Not cheap, but the best value I've found. Airport friendly, orthpedically correct, and quality made. I've been wearing the same pair for over two years. The soles don't break down and wear longer than Rockports. Since I only wear them with my uniform, they're tax deductable.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I picked up a pair of Rockports for interviewing and some Timberland Pros steel toe for my current gig. The Timberlands are oxford style and look dressy enough for me, but I'll have to wait and see if they'd work as a dress shoe for fractional flying. I bought them at Zappos.com (shameless plug). They have free shipping and both times I've ordered from them have sent my order next day air.

Fozzy said:
Why Hawk, because the shoes are black?
My uniform looks blue to me. And my Doc's have done well with my uniform for many years while in a pilot uniform.
I guess I am not sure where you are coming from. But if you don't like the brand name and that is a reason for not offering someone a job, well all I can say is I am glad I don't to deal with you in an interview.
What is next, no suit's from Men's warehouse?

Maybe you should stick with a person's resume.

All of the Doc's I have ever seen had a yellow thread that wrapped around the outside of the shoe. They also had two inch platforms and most of the soles are translucent.

If you want to get hired by a professional company, dress like a professional.

HD

Last edited:
Try www.copshoes.com.

They have many different styles of uniform shoes. There is also an "airport friendly" category.

The prices are reasonable. The only problem I've had so far is the Bates brand runs small. I had to order a 10 1/2 shoe for my 9 1/2 feet. There was a $10 restocking fee. Even with that fee, the shoes were under $60.

They also run periodic email specials. If you have hard to fit feet, they can help you. Their sizes run from narrow (B) to extra-wide (EE or EEE).

I don't get a kick back.

Latest resources

Back