Shoes?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dangerkitty said:
You dont even know me and you call me a tool? OK.
You started it when you stated all pilots that wear Doc's with their uniforms look like tools. I also have been known to listen to my Ipod while I wait to catch a flight home, according to you this makes me even more of a tool.

Don't forget to rotate those shoelaces! It's fun, it's frugal and it's the law.

Rotate shoe laces on a regular basis and enjoy a lifetime of safe, efficient and balanced shoelace operation.

Rotating shoe laces is as easy as 1, 2, 3!

• First, don't rotate shoelaces while standing.
  • Second, shoes must be untied before beginning the process.
  • Thirdly, never rotate shoelaces between pairs of shoes.
  • OK, let's begin:
  1. Untie your shoes.
  2. Pull laces through all the grommets except the bottom row.
  3. Move lace off center about 1/4".
  4. Re-thread laces through the shoe grommets.
  5. Tie your shoes.
  6. Repeat the process monthly and soon you'll be stepping large and smiling with ease.

FN FAL said:
Don't forget to rotate those shoelaces! It's fun, it's frugal and it's the law.

Rotate shoe laces on a regular basis and enjoy a lifetime of safe, efficient and balanced shoelace operation.

Rotating shoe laces is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
  • First, don't rotate shoelaces while standing.
  • Second, shoes must be untied before beginning the process.
  • Thirdly, never rotate shoelaces between pairs of shoes.
  • OK, let's begin:

1. Untie your shoes.
  2. Pull laces through all the grommets except the bottom row.
  3. Move lace off center about 1/4".
  4. Re-thread laces through the shoe grommets.
  5. Tie your shoes.
  6. Repeat the process monthly and soon you'll be stepping large and smiling with ease.
Classic!

Dangerkitty said:
If you want to look like a first class tool in uniform go buy a pair of Doc Martins. I find it ironic that many pilots bemoan the fact where the profession is heading only to be strutting in the terminal with their backpack on, listening to their ipod, while wearing Doc Martins.

Furloughed AArrogant pilot at its best!

PacoPollo said:
Not at all...besides,what are you doing hanging in the regional forum anyways???

Why have you posted in the majors forum in the past? You are not a pilot at a major airline.

aneroidwafer said:
thanks for all the great suggestions on shoes... After shopping around, I think the Eccos are the way to go.. The salesman that sold me them said the soles will last much longer (polyurethane sole) and they can get through security. Plus he said all the doctors will recommend this brand for their patients with back problems. Dillards 130 bucks... I think they will be well worth it.

I bought some ecco slip-on shoes at Nordstrom's Rack for $63.00. Super light and thick one piece sole without any metal. They have taken six months of walk arounds and too many laps around SFO during long turns. They are just starting to show their first hints of wear. These shoes ROCK!

Dangerkitty said:
Why have you posted in the majors forum in the past? You are not a pilot at a major airline.
Hahahahahaha!
:beer:

joe_pilot said:
Thanks, I wasn't trying to belittle hard working regional pilots...it was more of a facetious rebuttle to the guy that pssing and moaning about the shoes, socks and ties threads, if you know what I mean.

I know an airport manager and 135 certificate holder that rotates his shoe laces...that's where I got the idea from. Clarence, the Shawano WI airport manager! Call him ask about the shoelace reclaimation program.

:D

Latest resources

Back