Shares to furlough more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

At 4:59 last evening (not exactly but late in the day so no one could take calls) The HR rep sent a note out that 96 more people would be fired or furloughed! They did not have details but would let the internal folks go on Tuesday between 8:30 and 1:00 and let the pilots know on Tuesday!

The HR VP rep no less, Not the pres, No word of how many pilots! It's exactly the Same MO as the last 2 times, wait until the last group will be on the street then announce more. Here's the quote

"This reduction will be different from others in that, in addition to layoffs, furloughs and downgrades, we intend to restructure the way we deliver our service. This means that the resulting operations will include, for some, job changes, shift changes, as well as the possibility of compensation changes. "

What does that mean????? As has been talked about in length on the boards......no protection at all! Folks do not even know what to expect, and then to send a last minute e mail on Friday to tell you Youll know something next week......Have a nice weekend!

I am sorry for my Brothers soon to be on the street.....It sucks

Amen to that

I used to think, "well at least I'm not in real estate", or "good thing I"m not a mortgage guy".

Turns out, the jet is for sale, and I'll be off the payroll by summer's end, ( if I'm lucky ) and all because of.....real estate.

I've spent the last ten years flying corporate/fractional, shoulda been showin" houses.

Best of luck to all of you guys, this latest news on Shares is particularly disheartening and sort of dispels the idea that things will be turn around any time soon.

"This reduction will be different from others in that, in addition to layoffs, furloughs and downgrades, we intend to restructure the way we deliver our service."

What the hell does that mean? Are they going back to King Airs and CJ1's ?? They need to sharpen the axe on some management too, I think. They were a little VP happy there for a while. I just hope everybody who does get cut pulls through OK. Real crappy times...

What effects will CAP and TRADE have on aviation as a whole? I do not think it bodes well for any of us.

Actually, the chuckleheads in DC are killing the industry.

Absolutely True Statement. Last night's vote on the cap and trade silliness should erase any doubts on that score.

Sorry to hear the news. The fractionals were once considered "safe" from the airline business volatility but they aren't anymore.

Good luck to all involved!

Sorry to hear the news. The fractionals were once considered "safe" from the airline business volatility but they aren't anymore.

Good luck to all involved!

Thanks for the good example of a passive-aggressive statement. :(
Sorry to hear the news my fellow fractional pilots-colleagues.
Hopefully the industry will recover soon.

Last edited:
How many does CS have on the street now?

At 4:59 last evening (not exactly but late in the day so no one could take calls) The HR rep sent a note out that 96 more people would be fired or furloughed! They did not have details but would let the internal folks go on Tuesday between 8:30 and 1:00 and let the pilots know on Tuesday!

The HR VP rep no less, Not the pres, No word of how many pilots! It's exactly the Same MO as the last 2 times, wait until the last group will be on the street then announce more. Here's the quote

"This reduction will be different from others in that, in addition to layoffs, furloughs and downgrades, we intend to restructure the way we deliver our service. This means that the resulting operations will include, for some, job changes, shift changes, as well as the possibility of compensation changes. "

What does that mean????? As has been talked about in length on the boards......no protection at all! Folks do not even know what to expect, and then to send a last minute e mail on Friday to tell you Youll know something next week......Have a nice weekend!

I am sorry for my Brothers soon to be on the street.....It sucks

Latest resources

Back