• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shares to furlough more

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How many does CS have on the street now?

At the end of this month they will complete the second round of furloughs which will bring the number to 48 on the street.

The company's e-mail on Friday was vague and incomplete leading to massive speculation (not to mention stress) on the part of pilots and office staff. So noone knows (no rank-in-file anyway) the final damage. There's belief that they will park all of the Bravos and move those guys over to the CJ3. A CP said that, as far he knows, it will be handeled in seniority. There are 50-some pilots on the Bravo and 30-some captains.

Absolutely True Statement. Last night's vote on the cap and trade silliness should erase any doubts on that score.

You can agrue about global warming all day long, but the fact is you don't see the Chinese goverment putting their hands around the throats of industy like Obama and his genius have. I'm beginning to think they are way more dangerous then I ever thought possible.

You can agrue about global warming all day long, but the fact is you don't see the Chinese goverment putting their hands around the throats of industy like Obama and his genius have. I'm beginning to think they are way more dangerous then I ever thought possible.

Here is a pretty good example of "the Chinese government (not) putting their hands around the throast of industry..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8120231.stm

China 'to block' Hummer takeover

_45974615_007430677-1.jpg
Hummer had thrived from its military image and demand for large cars

A Chinese firm's bid to buy the gas-guzzling Hummer car brand will be blocked on environmental grounds, according to Chinese state radio. Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery emerged as the surprise buyer for the brand earlier this year.
But China National Radio said Hummer is at odds with the country's planning agency's attempts to decrease pollution from Chinese manufacturers.
But Sichuan Tengzhong disputed the accuracy of the radio report.
"The fact that it is from an article from a state media organisation does not mean it is government policy," the company said in a statement.
"Some people may have views and speculation, but the Chinese government has a process that we respect."
The acquisition from General Motors needs Chinese regulatory approval.
'Lacks expertise'
The value of the bid was not disclosed at the time, but analysts say that GM would have made about $100m (£61m) from the sale.
National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) will also block Sichuan Tengzhong from buying Hummer because the Chinese construction equipment maker lacks expertise in car production, the state radio added.
Sichuan Tengzhong said: "The view expressed on China National Radio's website did not quote or source anyone at NDRC."
"We do not yet have a definitive agreement, but are developing our proposals with GM and Hummer and we will continue to engage with the appropriate authorities in an appropriate manner."
Hummers were originally built as military off-road vehicles by a company called AM General.
GM bought the Hummer brand in 1999.
The brand took off as US consumers flocked to large cars and sport utility vehicles and were favoured by celebrities including Arnold Schwarzenegger.
But sales have suffered as the military image has become less popular and petrol prices surged.
Hummers weigh up to five tons and have fuel consumption of around 15 miles per gallon.
The sale of Hummer, known as "Han Ma" or Bold Horse in China, has been part of GM's plan to reinvent itself by concentrating on fewer brands.

Here is a pretty good example of "the Chinese government (not) putting their hands around the throast of industry..."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8120231.stm

China 'to block' Hummer takeover

_45974615_007430677-1.jpg
Hummer had thrived from its military image and demand for large cars

A Chinese firm's bid to buy the gas-guzzling Hummer car brand will be blocked on environmental grounds, according to Chinese state radio. Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery emerged as the surprise buyer for the brand earlier this year.
But China National Radio said Hummer is at odds with the country's planning agency's attempts to decrease pollution from Chinese manufacturers.
But Sichuan Tengzhong disputed the accuracy of the radio report.
"The fact that it is from an article from a state media organisation does not mean it is government policy," the company said in a statement.
"Some people may have views and speculation, but the Chinese government has a process that we respect."
The acquisition from General Motors needs Chinese regulatory approval.
'Lacks expertise'
The value of the bid was not disclosed at the time, but analysts say that GM would have made about $100m (£61m) from the sale.
National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) will also block Sichuan Tengzhong from buying Hummer because the Chinese construction equipment maker lacks expertise in car production, the state radio added.
Sichuan Tengzhong said: "The view expressed on China National Radio's website did not quote or source anyone at NDRC."
"We do not yet have a definitive agreement, but are developing our proposals with GM and Hummer and we will continue to engage with the appropriate authorities in an appropriate manner."
Hummers were originally built as military off-road vehicles by a company called AM General.
GM bought the Hummer brand in 1999.
The brand took off as US consumers flocked to large cars and sport utility vehicles and were favoured by celebrities including Arnold Schwarzenegger.
But sales have suffered as the military image has become less popular and petrol prices surged.
Hummers weigh up to five tons and have fuel consumption of around 15 miles per gallon.
The sale of Hummer, known as "Han Ma" or Bold Horse in China, has been part of GM's plan to reinvent itself by concentrating on fewer brands.

Ok, going to have to do better then one example. Our goverment is waging a war on private industry, through crazy policies. That is funny the Chinese goverment blocking the hummer on enviromental grounds, considering how much crap they spew into the atmosphere.

Ok, going to have to do better then one example. Our goverment is waging a war on private industry, through crazy policies. That is funny the Chinese goverment blocking the hummer on enviromental grounds, considering how much crap they spew into the atmosphere.

"The prices of certain key commodities, especially of industrial raw materials and major industrial products, are determined by the state. In most cases, basic price ratios were set in the 1950s and are often irrational in terms of current production capabilities and demands." (wikipedia)

"Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the People's Republic of China (PRC) government, and censorship systems are vigorously implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, business companies, and organizations.[1][2]" (www.forbes.com)

I've got a flight and can't do much researching, but here are two more examples of China's government regulation private enterprise. I realize that you think that our government is over extending its reach into the private sector, but it is still crazy to compare it to a communist state.

"The prices of certain key commodities, especially of industrial raw materials and major industrial products, are determined by the state. In most cases, basic price ratios were set in the 1950s and are often irrational in terms of current production capabilities and demands." (wikipedia)

"Internet censorship in the People's Republic of China is conducted under a wide variety of laws and administrative regulations. In accordance with these laws, more than sixty Internet regulations have been made by the People's Republic of China (PRC) government, and censorship systems are vigorously implemented by provincial branches of state-owned ISPs, business companies, and organizations.[1][2]" (www.forbes.com)

I've got a flight and can't do much researching, but here are two more examples of China's government regulation private enterprise. I realize that you think that our government is over extending its reach into the private sector, but it is still crazy to compare it to a communist state.

We are well on our way...

Can CS delete a whole fleet just like that? I would think that owner contracts would prevent a quick fleet shutdown, but I have no idea what the contracts really say. Good luck to all of you guys and girls over there. This industry is getting more scary every day.

Can CS delete a whole fleet just like that? I would think that owner contracts would prevent a quick fleet shutdown, but I have no idea what the contracts really say. Good luck to all of you guys and girls over there. This industry is getting more scary every day.

That is a good point can they just park a fleet?? Going to piss off some people. However aren't those AC really close in performance?? I have never flown either so have no idea what they can or can't do.

Latest resources

Back