• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shares Pilots taking overtime with 100 on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we have a system by the people for the people, I'd say it's always the peoples fault(good or bad). If the people at the top are to blame for the failure or success of this country we've drifted of course.

Glasspilot,
Those people in office wouldn't have a chance to ease oversight on companies like Fnnie Mae and Freddie Mac if people didn't keep re-electing them because they bring home the pork. Obama got elected on a very different agenda from what he has pursued in office and his popularity shows it.

Regardless, I'm done wasting time with you.
1. I reject your premise. I've seen no evidence of any CS pilots taking OT because no one I talk to is getting any at all. The sole exception is one guy I fly with who keeps getting home late and does not volunteer.

2. I do no concede the point. You have pointedly ignored my requests to explain why you believe that having pilots volunteer for OT instead of having the company force other pilots into it is a bad thing for furloughees. The trips are going to be covered one way or another. Is it somehow more pure to get OT when you don't want or need it?

I realize that this an emotional issue, but try to look at it logically. The best thing that anyone can do for furloughees is to keep the company strong so that we can start to grow again and recall them.

3. I recommend that you look at your beliefs and check them against the real world. If your beliefs don't make sense in light of real events, then you should alter your preconceptions, not your reality.

Peace be upon your head. I've wasted enough time here and I'm done.

I love it when guys try to storm out in a huff with a long post and ending "I'm done". It's the equivelent of ending an argument by slamming the door. Very childish.

Anyway, two points:

1. I've not ignored your request to explain OT. I've not given support one way or the other. I've just been saying all along that I object to you blaming me (as a voter) for furloughs at any fractional. It's BS and you know it.

2. My beliefs are just that...mine. They are checked against reality. I suggest you take your advice.

.... This is about principle ... Absolutely! Some still haven't learned this simple lesson yet, only pilots look out for pilots. Common sense tells us-- there is no one better suited to represent your interests than members from your own group. When one or a few choose to line their on pockets with a few dollars while others struggle to pay their bills on unemployment comp, we all lose. Hear! Hear! Pro union or not, sometime, somehwere in this goffed up world, principle should trump all other factors. In our industry, this is near the top of the list. Well said! ....

Further if nobody took overtime, I'm quite sure there would be several pilots PER FLEET that would get their jobs back or re-upgrade.

"The only way we will get everyone back is to pull together."...,

Dash 8, this is an excellent post that is well worth repeating and emphasizing. (I put it in bold type). I hope the intended audience will heed your wise words. Good luck to all furloughed pilots and their families! NJW

Not a tempt to Hi-jack the thread. FLOPS has the same problem! We have individuals doing as much as 4 days a tour of overtime per tour in certain fleets. The excuses are just BS (trying to pay down my debt) How about a furlouged pilot losing his home! or his marriage falling apart due to finances!
I luckily survived the cuts. It is appaulling that pilots are so selfish and just don't understand we all need to stick together NO OVERTIME!!!!!!

Speaking for myself, I see your post as reinforcement, not hi-jacking, Cougar. We're talking real families facing true hardships. It's time to give up the extras so that those worrying about putting food on the table and keeping a roof over their head can be recalled. There's a big difference between "nice to have" and "must have". Kudos to the frac pilots/families that are sticking together. NJW

Me and about 99 other guys are disgusted by the OT w*************************.
Mr. OT Whore, put down your home depot credit card long enough to think of the FO sitting to your right, that preflights your airplane, loads your coffee pot, and shows you how to operate the fms since you just forgot again.

Thank you to the honarable pilots who also need the extra cash, but refuse to put in for OT.

Latest resources

Back