• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shares Pilots taking overtime with 100 on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'll bet that most of the people complaining on this thread aren't even CS pilots. I havn't heard any of this talk on the line.

FWIW I havnt had a day of OT, voluntary or otherwise, in a long, long time. And anyone who tries to slit my tires, just know that survivors will be prosecuted. ;)

The ones who are complaining are the ones who are affected. If you are still a Captain, nothing has changed. If you are a FO that hasn't been furloughed, nothing has changed either. If you fly with a Captain that is about to be downgraded, or an FO that is about to be furloughed I bet you will hear something about those working voluntary OT.

I've run into quite a few affected and havn't heard a peep. Maybe they realize that OT is not going to make a difference in the long run.

The future of the company and the industry, at least in the near term, hinges on whether the government continues forward with anti-growth and anti-business policies. All you who voted for Obama are more to blame for the furloughs than someone who volunteers for OT.

I'd wager that if anyone is putting in for OT, it is probably downgraded captains trying to make up their income or soon-to-be furloughed FOs trying up get a little more money in their bank account.

I havn't been affected here, but I have been furloughed inthe past.

So those of us who vote but fail to vote like you are to blame? Nevermind the MILLIONS of people who fail to vote altogether...it's our fault.

I have a better idea, how about you blame Bush for being such an inept President that nobody in their right mind could take a chance on another GOP nut job. I'm happy with my choice, don't dare tell me how to vote and don't blame me for an economic collapse that is the direct result of the former President.

Alert: Thread Hijack Attempt

Go ahead and help him deflect this thread into a Political discussion.

The Real Issue is you have got Citation Shares Pilots doing Voluntary Overtime when their fellow Pilots are on the Street.

Carry on.....

Now I remember why I stopped wasting time on this board.

Okay, can anyone explain to me why - IF anyone is doing so - it helps furloughed pilots to have people forced into OT rather than having someone who wants and/or needs it volunteer for it? My point is that the company is going to cover the flight with their own crews one way or another.

Glasspilot, I'll ignore all the other facts about the working man's party and how they protected Fannie and Freddie and created a market for subprime loans that caused this whole mess to say this:

If you voted for Obama, it was your man who directly attacked and demonized corporate aviation and cost countless pilot jobs. Don't you think that some of the pain in this industry is because a lot of people and corporations took the lesson of the auto execs to heart?

This thread is hijacked and it's you who did it by blaming me directly for furloughed pilots. That is BS and you know it. My vote, just like my God, is MY business. You have no right to tie it to fellow pilots losing their jobs!

As to working OT, ya'll hash it out. That's what this thread is about.

I did no such thing. The economy is directly related to elections and the furloughs are related directly to the economy. If you can't understand that, then your naivete' is, well, astounding. Especially when the winning candidate directly attacks the industry in question.

I had no idea who you voted for and couldn't really care less. I stand by the statement that voters who put Obama in office - not to mention Chris Dodd, Barney Franks, et al - are responsible for much of th current state of affairs. Definitely more so than any pilot who picks up OT. If we had a government who didn't feel the need to attack business, a lot of these guys probably wouldn't be on the street at all.

I've posed a simple question several times and it has been repeatedly ignored by people who attack me. I ask again:

Okay, can anyone explain to me why - IF anyone is doing so - it helps furloughed pilots to have people forced into OT rather than having someone who wants and/or needs it volunteer for it? My point is that the company is going to cover the flight with their own crews one way or another.

Problem is - they don't
Amen. Years ago an old Captain at my last job told me, "son, you need a contract for two reasons. One to protect you from the company, and two to protect you from each other."

There you go again! "Those that voted for whos in office are to blame".

No, Those that wasted Americas treasure on stupid wars are to blame. Those that time and time again eased corporate oversight are to blame. Those that seek to help big corporate donations to campaign funds by relaxing regulation are to blame. Those that manipulate the public with constant fear mongering to get to their political goals are to blame. Those people are predominatly the former administration and the current GOP.

I still blame them as opposed to the people who voted for them. If you don't see that then I'd say YOU are naive.

By the way, I am not the only person who feels this way...notice how a MAJORITY of the US voted the same as me.

Latest resources

Back