• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shares Pilots taking overtime with 100 on the street

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think your missing the point spaceballs. This is about principle not if one guy gets recalled for one week. Some still haven't learned this simple lesson yet, only pilots look out for pilots. When one or a few choose to line their on pockets with a few dollars while others struggle to pay their bills on unemployment comp, we all lose. Pro union or not, sometime, somehwere in this goffed up world, principle should trump all other factors. In our industry, this is near the top of the list.

Or if you wish, I can take my 10,000 hours to your employers door and tell them I'll work for half of what you get paid. Why don't we all? Not a fun scenario is it?

Further if nobody took overtime, I'm quite sure there would be several pilots PER FLEET that would get their jobs back or re-upgrade.

"The only way we will get everyone back is to pull together."

If you only understood your own words...,

Thanks Dash.......This is exactly what it is about!

Space, I have no doubt that the furloughed guy would love one tours pay. Apparently you think it is more fair for a guy to take overtime than for your furloughed member to get at least a weeks worth of pay.

In my opinion, staffing for a fractional company is different from an airline. Airlines can enlarge and shrink their schedules at will and accurately predict what the crew demands will be. At a fractional company, just like a corporate flight department, the peaks and valleys of schedules is more difficult to predict. Occasional OT may be available just like some corporate flight departments use day hire pilots to fill busy times. When the schedule picks up and stays up, OT becomes expensive and pilots WILL BE RECALLED!!

I know pilots taking OT is a bitter pill for many when we have others looking for work. So what are out options, recall a pilot for one tour and then furlough the person again? Thats not very fair to the individual, but the airlines do it all the time.

And for you guys saying "shut em down" and "flat tires" I hope you don't work here. All that will do is have all of us out of jobs.

We have some smart cookies running this place up top. We'll be ok and the pilots will eventually be recalled. We are in uncharted waters. The recent cuts have been very painful for everyone here. The only way we will get everyone back is to pull together.

Ok........flame away.

The worst case is being furloughed. At least they will not have to fly with someone who is working OT. The next worst case is being downgraded. We will somewhere along the way have to fly with one of these clowns working voluntary OT. Just think, you just took a 35% pay cut and the guy in the left seat is working for time and a half, voluntarily. Can't wait.

This is why the 2005 stance at NetJets was so Awesome

Lets face it, the NetJets Pilots were the laughing stock of the Industry.

New Hires getting paid $28,000/yr

Captains making $45-50,000/yr

Hell, I still remember when you had to "Buy your Type Rating" to get hired at NetJets.

Then when that went away, you only had to "Buy your Interview" by paying a "Screening Fee" of around $400.

Things had to go that far down the Rabbit Hole before the NetJets Pilots finally said: ENOUGH!

We are Professionals. Treat us as such, or shut the Frigging Doors.

Until the Pilots at Flight Options adapt that same attitude, there will be no Contract worth signing.

Until the Pilots of Citation Shares and FlexJet finally wake up to the reality that their Managements will continue to play favorites, based upon who kisses the most ass, they will never have any job security.

What is a NetJets +1% Salary (no work rules benefits) worth if some Manager doesn't like the manner in which you suck his d-ck, and your Salary is gone tomorrow.

Wake the F-ck Up People. And that starts with the Pilots at Flight Options. You guys have a Union in place. Many paid the price to put it there for you (including myself with my job). Now grow some f-cking balls, Police Your Own, and decide if you want to be treated like Professionals or Slaves.

Unless Management believes you are willing to actually shut the place down, you will never see a Contract worth signing.

As for the dirt bags at Citation Shares working OT while their Brothers are on the Streets: Police Your Own! Make their lives miserable while on the road. Even if they are the Captain; don't say a non required word to the guy all week. If every one of his FOs did that, he'd get the message. At least there would be a price to pay.

I am so tired of all you Pussie (misspelled to get around the editing software) Pilots.

Grow Some Balls like the NetJets Guys did in 2005. Doesn't anyone learn anything from History, or is it just going to repeat itself?

Freedom is NOT Free (rant over)

I met up with one of your "retired" airline guys - ex-United, I believe - in LA a few weeks back. He was rather happy that the company called him out early - and often - for OT. Said his wife liked getting him out of the house. I wonder if he had the same laissez-faire attitude about the "B" scale guys back in mid-80's. I'd guess not.

Speaking of Laissez faire... that is what our whole country and market economy is about....

Why you you chide pilots for doing what we all do?

Keep in mind that these last furloughs and downgrades came directly from Cessna. CitationShares management had no say in the matter. Yes, we will most likely get "forced" overtime, but we won't have a choice in the matter. Those of us that are "forced" to do overtime are not the bad guys.

Latest resources

Back