• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shamoo Harpoon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah we all know, the jetblue 190 pay is the shat. No one wants to fly it, no one is applying to the company. It sucks.

jetblue is a flash in the pan, it will soon go away, everyone else is cooler and better to work for.

Luv will soon rule the world, why even try to compete.

Drunk posts rule!

Lot of bad karma in this thread. Be careful out there.

How much do those 190's cost? Methinks they are not super cheap, and hence need to run quite full to pay for themselves. Does anyone know, factually what the price tag is? Of course getting the first ones make them a little cheaper than list price.

And remember, even if they are cheaper on a trip for trip basis, you have to factor in the double spare parts requirement, the double training sims requirement, the double MX training requirement, and the creation of a new bourgeois and proletariat amongst the pilot force. Don't get me wrong, it might work out fine, but this isn't a silver bullet to rid the industry of SWA. And we have a tendency to react to change better than most. The other guys should be worried more.

Cannonball!!!

If my info is correct, the price of a Airbus is almost twice the cost of the 190. The 190 weighs a lot less, than a scaled down 320 like the 318-319.

As for ridding the world of SWA, I never thought that was the plan, much less conceivabe.

canyonblue said:
Lot of bad karma in this thread. Be careful out there.

Yea, and it is not directed at the pilots of the legacies! Please, by all means continue! ;)

AA

kelbill said:
How much do those 190's cost? Around $29M give or take a few, but I think B6 got a better deal due to launch customer. Methinks they are not super cheap, and hence need to run quite full to pay for themselves. Don't kid yourself chief, they will run between 7.5-8 cents once the route network has matured at Jetblue(end of 2007). Does anyone know, factually what the price tag is? I'm not going to repeat myself.......oh OK, $29M:) Of course getting the first ones make them a little cheaper than list price.

And remember, even if they are cheaper on a trip for trip basis, you have to factor in the double spare parts requirement, the double training sims requirement, the double MX training requirement, and the creation of a new bourgeois and proletariat amongst the pilot force. Almost the same as those 733s, 735s, 737's. Don't get me wrong, it might work out fine, but this isn't a silver bullet to rid the industry of SWA. Sure it is! :D And we have a tendency to react to change better than most. The other guys should be worried more.
Cannonball!!!
.....The Twit

Latest resources

Back