set a record..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I said

I immediately posted that I should not have said Screwing around.

But AV8tor, you keep posting it?

Nobody ask you to give up? I ask the opposite,

Once again, tell me what you would consider a worthwhile profile and a training scenario you think would give the tax payers their monies worth.

We have been shooting all approaches by hand.

In VMC we have been shooting our approaches with the Meggit.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

"Hey Owner", great to hear from you again.

Once again, tell me what you would consider a worthwhile profile and a training scenario you think would give the tax payers their monies worth.

The reason I am giving up this argument is NOT because I all of a sudden agree with your no mission status, but because you have job to do, a job I apparently do not understand.

As with any large business... our government is great at waste... weather what you are doing is wasteful is obviously up for debate weather you like it or not. (look back at one of my first post about the $100 pencil).

In conclusion, in my opinion you can not change your no mission status because It is not yours to change.. you boss tells you to go out and burn Jet A to kill time for whatever reason... You choose to find good BBQ, so instead of argue with you about something you can not control, I will give you some recommendations:
I used to work at Leonards BBQ in Memphis.. It is by far one of the best BBQ joints around! They have a buffet 5 days a week, and on friday nights ribs are on the buffett... They make their own sweet and spicy sauce. They will also prepare your ribs wet or dry.. Blues City BBQ on Beale st is one of my favorites although it is quite touristy! Great Wet ribs... You can only get wet ribs at Blues city! As far as touristy... The Rendevous very touristy and dry ribs only

The reason I am giving up this argument is NOT because I all of a sudden agree with your no mission status, but because you have job to do, a job I apparently do not understand.

As with any large business... our government is great at waste... weather what you are doing is wasteful is obviously up for debate weather you like it or not. (look back at one of my first post about the $100 pencil).

In conclusion, in my opinion you can not change your no mission status because It is not yours to change.. you boss tells you to go out and burn Jet A to kill time for whatever reason... You choose to find good BBQ, so instead of argue with you about something you can not control, I will give you some recommendations:

Av8tor,
You are upset with what you see as a waste of taxpayers dollars. Let me ask you this, would you rather see those dollars get flushed down the toilet or get some use out of them?
The reason that I ask that is if Seymore does not do the flying, that is exactly what will happen to the money that is earmarked for the flying hour program.
The flying hour program is fully funded and it does not roll over to the next year, when you get to the end of the Fiscal year, any money remaining in the program goes away, and the chances of getting the same amount of money for the next years program is lessened.
Right now it is Seymore and one or two other pilots trying to fly the hours off of the planes. Theses hours will be needed next year so they can not be reduced. With the increased Optempo and deployments that are currently facing our Guard and Reserve units, there is a higher turnover in them.
I know of a AH64 unit that returned and everyone that was able to at that time, retired. Now here they are not 2 yrs later and they are looking at being activated again for another year plus long deployment, with a bunch of newbies. They are out training daily now. Sometimes that includes cross country flights to have lunch...but is actually for keeping their skills up. Alot easier to hone their skills while not being shot at.

Seymore, when you come back to NJA....cold ones are on me.
Might even be able to find some good heffeweitzen, not as good as the pension...but we can try.

207th forever!!

This is appropriate! (edited as needed)

You want the truth...

You can't handle the truth!

Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Seymore Butts and curse his flight for good BBQ; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Seymore's desire to find good BBQ, while tragic (and wasteful), probably saved lives and that his existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want him on that mission to find good BBQ, you need him on that mission. We use words like honor, code, loyalty, southern style, sweet and tangy, and corn bread. We use then as the backbone (or rib bone if you will) of a life trying to find good eats. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a menu and make a recommendation. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

"Did you order a whole slab?"

"I was hungry"

"Did you order a whole slab?"

"Your damn right I ordered the whole slab..with a side of slaw and corn bread!!!!"

And I paid for it with per diem, too!!

Very creative JJ....:laugh: :beer:

JJ - now that was funny! :)

If out military needs to fly empty citations around the country to maintain proficiency then how about helping these people out ?

http://www.angelflight.com/

No can do...missions change at the last minute. Then there is the whole liability issue. I wish the mil could do stuff like this but I think some folks would have an issue with it. It is not like we dont want to do it, we love that kind of stuff...we just cannot.

The US military, in my opinion, is the largest and most prolific humanitarian organization on the planet. Look at what we do worldwide....and domestically.

The US military, in my opinion, is the largest and most prolific humanitarian organization on the planet. Look at what we do worldwide....and domestically.

Good point - its a shame you can't help angelflight - I did it for years and it is without a doubt the most rewarding flying I've ever done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back