• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I'll be an SOB?

Av8tor!

You did it again??????

" NO MISSION JUST SCREWING AROUND".

What is this? Like the 3rd or 4rth time I told you that statement wasn't accurate?

My God man, can't you let that statement go? (isn't there a political party that does that same sh!t?)

You have used that against me over and over and over. I have said we arent screwing around we are flying mission profiles, hand flying all approaches, and flying the ones in VMC on the Meggit. We have to plan the flight, research the fuel availability, request the weather, check the crew endurance, evaluate the weather, do a performance planning card, preflight and postflight brief. A zillion touch and goes, slow flight, steep turns, engine outs, single engine go-arounds. We have to vary to get more training. I did manage to train, evaluate and certify a new Instructor Pilot while I was at it.

We have not squandered the blessing we have had of being able to train as we see fit with our flying hour program.

I tried to be done with this post, but sheesh?

I have tried not to catagorize you, but whew!

Some people can get away with "I did not have sex with that woman" or "that depends on what is, is" (not exact qoutes). But I make one off handed remark and you won't let it die.

They behead our troops, we stack them up naked and a 3 star general loses his career over it, and we are all bad people for the act of an incredibly few.

Your like the energizer bunny with that screwing around remark.

We weren't screwing around and there weren't any WMD's in Iraq.

There we are on the same side now right?

I have said this before. You can talk until you are blue in the face about the mid-east theatres. But if you have not been there, you just won't get it. Leave political views and skewed media or whatever argument you want to use, "it is what it is".

We are there now, the big "take over the world plot" is exposed. There way of life or ours, pick one. That is as simple as I can make it.

Last edited:
AV8TOR will never change his mind. He thinks he knows more than he does. His sole knowledge of the military comes from the brave service of his grandfathers. Unfortunately he gains from their sacrifice but none of his own. He doesn't understand that those who have been there and done that will have a greater understanding than he does. A high school kid can read all he wants about flying and think he knows how to fly. But until he gets into an aircraft, he doesn't really know, does he?
A few people here have already explained about training requirements and flight hour programs. But he still doesn't understand. He choses to ignore realistic explanations and fall back on his uninformed opinions.
He also knows little about history because his opinions cloud the facts.
It's difficult to argue with people who ignore the facts and believe their own ideology instead. I actually recently dated a lady who thought that if she could have just talked to Hitler and Stalin, she could have changed their minds about genocide. AV8TOR strikes me as the same type of person. It's no use explaining anything or relaying real life experience to him because it falls on deaf ears.

I am trying to let this thread die, but I keep getting called names etc.. I will not stand for it..

hydrarkt... I love how from about 10-15 post you have me all summed up, enough to conclude that I in the same boat as your bizzar girlfriend.
hydrarkt said:
it is difficult to argue with people who ignore the facts and believe their own ideology instead
First of all what facts am I ignoring?
Second, the point is not to argue, the point is to agree or disagree... argument is reserved for children
Third and most importantly is that you are contradicting yourself by believing your own ideology and ignoring the facts.. you have a very brainwashed view of the state of the world.

hydrarkt said:
he does not understand that those that have been there have a greater understanding than he does.
I do understand that those that have been to Iraq understand the people and the culture. But that has nothing to do with the motivation of the highest levels of government for being their in the first place. I feel like a broken record:
One does not need to visit Iraq to understand what our leaders have gotten us into.

PLEASE LET THIS THREAD DIE...

WE AGREE TO DISAGREE.. TAKE YOUR OPINION TO THE POLES IN NOV...

Before the thread dies, I have a comment. The scenario Semore described back at the beginning is carried out daily by all branches of the US Government. And, lets call it what it is: A tremendous waste of taxpayer money. It contributes nothing to the war effort and plays no role in preventing our grandchildren from having to speak Mandarin. The problem is that if Semore's unit doesn't spend all the money allocated to them there will be hell to pay for mismanagement and their budget will be cut the next fiscal year. Spend all the allocated money and everyone is happy and next years budget might even contain a little extra flying money. I've wasted more taxpayer money than most, in and out of uniform.

Latest resources

Back