• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In 5 days in an Army Citation?

No missions! Just screwing around!

Go wherever we want.

We are becoming authorities in the art of the American BBQ.

We have to fly the flying hour program and all but me and my pal are grounded.
!

Thank you for your service, BUT... little disturbing to hear this when our government has successfuly spun this nation into an unwanted mega trillion dollar war, and a tanked recessed economy... where unemployment is up over 5% and Gas is close to $4 a gallon... how much does the army (I MEAN THE TAX PAYERS, MY WIFE AND I) pay for gas for these non mission trips?

40.4 in the GIV a couple of weeks ago.

That was brutal.

Well now that you mention it?

Av8tor,

"Thank you for your service,".

Youre welcome, thanks for your support.

BUT... little disturbing to hear this when our government has successfuly spun this nation into an unwanted mega trillion dollar war, and a tanked recessed economy... where unemployment is up over 5% and Gas is close to $4 a gallon...

Would you rather the radical muslim factions just blow the crap out of us at there leisure? When the "east" takes over our life won't be that different if we comply. Your wifes life will change radically. They are not gonna stop, better get that through your head.

how much does the army (I MEAN THE TAX PAYERS, MY WIFE AND I) pay for gas for these non mission trips?

Same as anybody else (we do get somewhat of a discount when we fuel at FBO's with Govt. Contract fuel (which we exclusively do). We are so scrutinized by govt (taxpayers) oversight that every mission we due these days seems to be microscopically evaluated to see if we are abusing the tax payers money, misusing govt aircraft. So, pure training missions, no questons, we are flying the proper profiles, no room for scutiny from higher.

Our flying hour program is contracted to civilian maintenance. If we don't fly the flying hour program the contractor still gets paid. Then the taxpayer (you/me) gets pissed because we are not utilizing the flying hours. So our orders are to fly the flying hours.

Maybe saying we are out screwing around is a flagrant remark on my part. More accurately, I guess I would have to say that I have to pick where I will go everyday.

So, I'm more worried about my country being invaded by the oil producing countries then I am about the price we are paying burning oil products in army aircraft.

A few years back the navy radically cut their flying hours during the Clinton years. They saved millions in fuel! But then they lost it when 2 low time guys collided in a couple of Tomcats.

Last edited:
I disagree with your view point that us invading iraq has anything to do with the "east" taking over our lifestyle in the US.. But you and I can have that conversation over a beer on the road some day.....

As far as the comment I made.. You specifically stated that these flights were "NO MISSIONS, JUST SCREWING AROUND". I know that you have orders to fly the airplane and it is over your head, so I am not accusing you personally of wasting or unethical spending/flying.... Our government has always been this way..... The proverbial $100 pencil.... You know what I mean.. You need a pencil.. you call your guy to get you the pencil (who makes 50k a year) he calles his guy to get him the pencil (who makes 80k a year) he calles his guys who each make 100k a year) then they pay FED EX $300 to priority overnight your pencil to you!

This $100 dollar pencil is exactly what you are doing with your " civilian contracts" and "NO MISSION JUST SCREWING AROUND" flying on the Tax payer dime... It might be legal and justified in the governments eyes, but who the hell asked me?

semorebutts said:
So, I'm more worried about my country being invaded by the oil producing countries then I am about the price we are paying burning oil products in army aircraft.
Just a reminder.. we invaded the oil producing countries in the East unprovoked... 19 fundamentalist independent of any country invaded us.....

Still trying to figure out how being an artist in "american BBQ" is protecting me from the "evil doers"????:confused:

Last edited:
Thank you for your service, BUT... little disturbing to hear this when our government has successfuly spun this nation into an unwanted mega trillion dollar war, and a tanked recessed economy... where unemployment is up over 5% and Gas is close to $4 a gallon... how much does the army (I MEAN THE TAX PAYERS, MY WIFE AND I) pay for gas for these non mission trips?
What should bother you is how many senators, governors, etc are doing this. Army guys need to fly somewhere for currency purposes. Politicos just do it because they can. For example, how much money did our bulldyke governor (Napolitano) waste in her 5 state campaign for Obama while neglecting her own state's problems?).

I disagree with your view point that us invading iraq has anything to do with the "east" taking over our lifestyle in the US..
You obviously have never been there. I have, as a fighting man and can tell you that there ARE bad people in the world. You have no clue of the middle east mentality.

Just a reminder.. we invaded the oil producing countries in the East unprovoked... 19 fundamentalist independent of any country invaded us.....
Unprovoked.
Did you not learn a THING in history class? The Cuban missile crisis? Pearl Harbor?
Waiting to be provoked is what nearly made us lose WWII. Remember, we were on the losing side for over 2 years in that one. All becasue we ignored the signs of an aggessive country because it was "none of our business". Read a book here, it's called "The Rape of Nanking". The parallels will will strike you between the eyes.

Did you not learn a THING in history class? The Cuban missile crisis? Pearl Harbor?
Waiting to be provoked is what nearly made us lose WWII. Remember, we were on the losing side for over 2 years in that one. All becasue we ignored the signs of an aggessive country because it was "none of our business". Read a book here, it's called "The Rape of Nanking". The parallels will will strike you between the eyes.

Still trying to figure out how Iraq has anything to do with the attack on 9/11 on the USA? I can remember when George W was running for his first term.. Right after he said that God wanted him to be president.:puke: .. he said at a debate that " he would not partake in nor condone Nation building.... The Iraq war was sold to the people on lies of WMD and then justified by Washington by saying they were "BUILDING A FREEE IRAQ" AKA NATION BUILDING..

Latest resources

Back