seriously why cant i get a call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OI812 said:
i know first of all i need patients, and my hours are not much to brag over.

1050 total
120 multi

i have sent resumes out to ASA, PSA and Airwis.
everyone i see with comparable hours is getting the call is there something im missing. Or do i need to be more patient.

other expierineces on top of flight time is 9 years military(non aviation) is that a negative or positive.

any good advice would be appriciated

Sent a resume how? With most companies, now, you must fill out an online app....With us you e-mail a resume to [email protected] and you are automatically sent a Application, Print it, fill it out, and then wait. Now be patient!

If you really want calls, go take a CRJ (or ERJ) course, their are many schools that offer them, they range anywhere in price from 3000.00 to 30,000 and most have deals set up with the regionals to get their graduates interviews.
(With us, most of them have a cover sheet to give their graduates that goes on top of their application and they get noticed as soon as they are received by HR.) We have hired people with much less time, if they have completed such programs...In the Interviews this week, we had people who completed programs at All-Atp's, Delta Connection Academy, Embry-Riddle, and Regional Airline Academy. I have also spoke to the administration at Pan am Academy and working on a similar program from them.

These course's show that you can probably make it through the training course at most airlines and give you a headstart at the commitment it takes to complete the training. Knock on wood, but we have not had anyone from these programs fail out of training yet and we have had quite a few failures...Consider it an Insurance policy for your career.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

BenderGonzales said:
oh brother.... I can't believe you just recommended that to him.

I've lost all faith.

I assume that was directed toward my post?

Unfortunately, If training had anything to do with it, These are the only people I would be able to hire. Sorry, Don't shoot the messenger. If every regional wasn't hiring from these same programs, I guess it wouldn't have needed to be said. I just stated how much they cost, I never said spend the 30 Grand...Everyone should be informed on how much they cost and who all offers them, Heck, I would do whatever possible to get myself ahead of everyone else, Sometimes it means spending some money....I know alot of guys who have bought a 73 type to try to get ahead of others and get hired at SW, Yeah, it's a little different because they are a "Major" but if you were on the otherside, things would probably be different.

If you were looking for a job, you probably would have "lost all faith" long ago!

You think the guy wanted honesty, or for someone to tell him to be patient?

Why don't you offer him some of your Wisdom on how to get an interview instead of bashing others.

Good Luck,
PSACPSP

Oh no. After all, you're a chief pilot. So when you come on this website people look to what you have to say as if you have the experience and the wisdom to offer them truly valuable advice.

I am dissapointed to see that (in my opinion) that perception of you is apparently misplaced.

YOU didn't get hired at PSA by paying for some clown to teach you about the Jetstream (which you and I will both agree was significantly more challenging than any RJ). Why should these people waste their money on a CRJ course? PSA is not Southwest. And unless you start requiring a CRJ type-rating for employment, there is no reason for potential newhires to go spend hard-earned money that they probably do not have, to be trained in that airplane.

That is YOUR company's job. If they are not successfully completeting training than you have two choices. Hire more qualified candidates (i/e improve your interviewing) or improve your training department. One of them is falling down on the job -- its not likely to be the candidate.

I'm embarassed for you that you made such a suggestion.

BenderGonzales said:
Oh no. After all, you're a chief pilot. So when you come on this website people look to what you have to say as if you have the experience and the wisdom to offer them truly valuable advice.

I am dissapointed to see that (in my opinion) that perception of you is apparently misplaced.

YOU didn't get hired at PSA by paying for some clown to teach you about the Jetstream (which you and I will both agree was significantly more challenging than any RJ). Why should these people waste their money on a CRJ course? PSA is not Southwest. And unless you start requiring a CRJ type-rating for employment, there is no reason for potential newhires to go spend hard-earned money that they probably do not have, to be trained in that airplane.

That is YOUR company's job. If they are not successfully completeting training than you have two choices. Hire more qualified candidates (i/e improve your interviewing) or improve your training department. One of them is falling down on the job -- its not likely to be the candidate.

I'm embarassed for you that you made such a suggestion.

I'm not embarassed, I'm honest, I'm on the otherside, I talk to other recruiters, I talk to the flight schools, I talk to our Captains, I ride in the Sim during the Sim evals.

Delta Connection Academy, Remember, it use to be Comair Training academy, they are the ones offering an interview upon completion (I assume at Comair), not me....You still have not given him any of your wisdom on how to get hired? And depending on when you got hired at Comair, Or when I got hired here, I know people who had to pay someone to train them to fly the a/c they where in. Remember FSI? Unfortunately, it was the way everything worked in the early 90's. Are you bitter you had to pay, or bitter that you didn't pay and wasn't hired? Or where you in the group that was hired immediately after it ended and everyone was hiring. Maybe you forgot that that's the way things were done then, I am not telling him that it's the only way to get hired, I offered a suggestion why people less qualified may be getting hired and a few solutions, Again, what have you offered?

I never stated that we were SW, I simply stated that people paid for the type to get ahead, or possibly called sooner (when it wasn't required). I know tons of guys here who bought their type ten years ago and still haven't been hired, Was it worth it? Are they bitter? Questions they must answer, but at the time they felt it was a good idea.

Again, Tell the guy how to get hired at Comair (or anywhere else for that matter), and save him the money.

PSACPSP

The Chief is a messenger here for sure but thats what has led the "race to the bottom." I wish more guys would just do it without all those PFT jobs but hey, everybody wants "instant." Why not buy it!

Swallow your pride, your times aren't too bad and there are companies that will hire you with those kinds of times. Just be diligent with the resumes and the calls will come. I was an instructor for almost two years before I got my 121 job all without PFT! Wish I had a nickel for every resume I've faxed, emailed, mailed and "online app"ed.

There are lots of opportunities. Get that night time up and fly freight.(Ram Air Freight) Try some of the guys that are flying tours in the Grand Canyon.(King Airelines) But this a slow time right for the regionals. With the BK with Delta and NW plus the price of fuel, lines are getting cut back right now even though we're flying full planes. So there may be be a whole boatload of hiring until Feb or Mar next year but there will be some.

Thanks

Thanks PSAguy, for those of us who might want to work at a regional, it is nice to get honest straight forward answers. Anything that can get a person ahead in todays flooded market, is worth hearing about. Even if the solution means spending money.(not that I will do that)
Bender, I don't think I can recall a time where you have posted something positive on this board. Please paste some quotes from previous posts if I am wrong.
It's been a few days since I've seen a shiny jet syndrome post. You better hurry up and get on that. We wouldn't want any new members that are up and coming regional pilots to not feel like crap before they move on.

Get a life dork

The sad thing is that everyone of us has no clue about the others. For all I know, you probably had a silver spoon shoved so far up your ass you couldn't walk straight.

I'm having a bad morning and I guess I just remember a time when the INTERVIEW board was to help out guys and gals with interviews. Not sit around and bash everyone, but you wouldn't know that since you just joined a couple of months ago. newbie

Last edited:
F16fixer said:
I guess I just remember a time when the INTERVIEW board was to help out guys and gals with interviews. Not sit around and bash everyone, but you wouldn't know that since you just joined a couple of months ago. newbie

You know, if you hop over to say Cargo, Corporate, etc - there is alot less whining going on..

I don't understand why soo many guys complain about what they're doing - yet they keep doing it.. If it sucks so bad, give it up and let someone take your place.. ;)

I'm with Bender on this one... going to a pilot mill to blow anywhere from $10000 to $30000 for an RJ type rating for a mere chance at a job that pays 18 to 20000 per year is just insane; and yes, I think that having to spend 6 to 10 grand for a shot at SWA sucks as well.

So you (PSAChief) say to offer solutions to get hired. How about build time, pay your dues, work your way up the ladder and have a company pay for your training instead of blowing your own wad to take a shortcut to an RJ fo seat?

Latest resources

Back