• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

seriously why cant i get a call back

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you dont want dumb responses, then act like you can spell properly.

OI812 said:
thanks for all the good replys
its good to see im not the only one out there frustrated
it sucks seeing all the guys you are working with getting calls

and crxpilot i really dont need dumb replys about spelling who really care about a typo maybe you should go into publishing and before ya say anything yes i spell checked my resume

I would seriously recommend taking an English 101 course at your local community college or in your case grade school before putting out another resume or application.

OI812 said:
look for those with good advice thanks i know i have a lot of time to build and working hard at it.

but please those who have nothing better to do than proof read stop wastring this valuable resource and to to some chat room and more importantly stop wasting my time.

agian i do appriciate all the good comments, and i am exploring all possible options i dont expect to jump into a jet im all for paying your dues. It'sjust that i dont see much consistancy in how people hire and was trying to find some.
thanks all who know how to use and why this forum is here

NoPax said:
Good luck with your career. I do respect your logic for saying you'd rather go cargo than regional but:

When you get into one of those big airplanes that eat up a lot of runway, brief your Captain and tell him that the V1 VR V2 is between 100 and 200 Kts, since 50 doesn't mean anything. Or that we'll need between 6000-12000 feet of runway to takeoff/land. Oh, how about, roughing the fuel required on a trip to Hawai'i - attention to detail. Employers of large airplanes like attention to detail.

Give him/her a break. S/he's maybe proud of the last 50 hours. 1000 hours to 1050 takes some pilots 2 weeks, or 2 months. Every update shows progress, that they are flying - recency of experience. Employers like that

My resume, that I have been successful at getting calls back on, has my hours on it rounded up/down to full numbers, a column showing hours in last 6 months, and 90 days on it too.

Now...rant over...I'm going to WORK.

Ok I have now changed my profile to state that I have 652.1234567894 hours. I think that will show everyone how motivated I am.

Weeeeee.

BushwickBill said:
Ok I have now changed my profile to state that I have 652.1234567894 hours. I think that will show everyone how motivated I am.

Weeeeee.

Wait a second.. Weren't you the one who was bustin his balls over HIS times, saying something about how he's not motivated enough to fly a 70 seater??

Tram said:
Wait a second.. Weren't you the one who was bustin his balls over HIS times, saying something about how he's not motivated enough to fly a 70 seater??

For the record I dont care about sharing my time with everyone. I think its funny how people respond when I have a low time stated on my profile. No, I dont have much more that the guy in question. I just think its funny he put 50 hours on his resume.

jbDC9 said:
I'm with Bender on this one...

How about build time, pay your dues, work your way up the ladder and have a company pay for your training instead of blowing your own wad to take a shortcut to an RJ fo seat?

Good Lord n' butter, jbDC9! First Bender, now you! If this kind of common sense spreads throughout FI, there won't be any posts at all...;)

C

BushwickBill said:
For the record I dont care about sharing my time with everyone. I think its funny how people respond when I have a low time stated on my profile. No, I dont have much more that the guy in question. I just think its funny he put 50 hours on his resume.

So, what should he have put? If he has 1050, shouldn't he put 1050?

Corona said:
Good Lord n' butter, jbDC9! First Bender, now you! If this kind of common sense spreads throughout FI, there won't be any posts at all...;)
mmm, butter...

Common sense? On this board?? Noooooo!!!!!!

BushwickBill said:

It's commonplace to put your actual flight time on your resume, not just a ballpark figure or rounding down to the nearest hundred. I had 1032 hours on my resume when I sent it out.

Latest resources

Back