Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ohh yes, that's right... Silly me.. :)

Tram said:
Am I missing something? What "happens" at 1100 hours?
Yea! You get pigeon holed as being over qualified and wind up living in trailer flying ag planes or get stuck doing some other abysmal job like flying boxes in a caravan for the rest of your life! :D

Hahaha... :) Yeh, I wasn't sure, looks like I was missing alot.. :)

FN FAL said:
Yea! You get pigeon holed as being over qualified and wind up living in trailer flying ag planes or get stuck doing some other abysmal job like flying boxes in a caravan for the rest of your life! :D

But does it still beat de-boning chickens?

BushwickBill said:
SARCASM. Same reason I haven't updated my profile since I joined.

Yeh, but that still doesn't make sense why your bustin his balls over 50 hours, when in 50 hours, he'll have accomplished nothing special, passed no "marketable" milestones, etc?

Tram said:
Yeh, but that still doesn't make sense why your bustin his balls over 50 hours, when in 50 hours, he'll have accomplished nothing special, passed no "marketable" milestones, etc?

Ugh, SARCASM. I thought adding 50 hours to my profile was funny because 50 hours is nothing. 50 hours is like saying its 10:03 and 30 seconds when someone asks you the time. Why doesn't he just say he has a thousand hours. Just like you say "50 hours is not a marketable milestone". Neither is 1000 hours but its enough time to be significant. 50 hours is nothing. So why put it down? I'm going to bed.

BushwickBill said:
Ugh, SARCASM. I thought adding 50 hours to my profile was funny because 50 hours is nothing. 50 hours is like saying its 10:03 and 30 seconds when someone asks you the time. Why doesn't he just say he has a thousand hours. Just like you say "50 hours is not a marketable milestone". Neither is 1000 hours but its enough time to be significant. 50 hours is nothing. So why put it down? I'm going to bed.

Good luck with your career. I do respect your logic for saying you'd rather go cargo than regional but:

When you get into one of those big airplanes that eat up a lot of runway, brief your Captain and tell him that the V1 VR V2 is between 100 and 200 Kts, since 50 doesn't mean anything. Or that we'll need between 6000-12000 feet of runway to takeoff/land. Oh, how about, roughing the fuel required on a trip to Hawai'i - attention to detail. Employers of large airplanes like attention to detail.

Give him/her a break. S/he's maybe proud of the last 50 hours. 1000 hours to 1050 takes some pilots 2 weeks, or 2 months. Every update shows progress, that they are flying - recency of experience. Employers like that

My resume, that I have been successful at getting calls back on, has my hours on it rounded up/down to full numbers, a column showing hours in last 6 months, and 90 days on it too.

Now...rant over...I'm going to WORK.

NoPax said:
Good luck with your career. I do respect your logic for saying you'd rather go cargo than regional but:

When you get into one of those big airplanes that eat up a lot of runway, brief your Captain and tell him that the V1 VR V2 is between 100 and 200 Kts, since 50 doesn't mean anything. Or that we'll need between 6000-12000 feet of runway to takeoff/land. Oh, how about, roughing the fuel required on a trip to Hawai'i - attention to detail. Employers of large airplanes like attention to detail.

Give him/her a break. S/he's maybe proud of the last 50 hours. 1000 hours to 1050 takes some pilots 2 weeks, or 2 months. Every update shows progress, that they are flying - recency of experience. Employers like that

My resume, that I have been successful at getting calls back on, has my hours on it rounded up/down to full numbers, a column showing hours in last 6 months, and 90 days on it too.

Now...rant over...I'm going to WORK.

on some large airplanes you cant see the individual knot indicators, so close enough is close enough.

on most large airplanes we dont care how much runway it takes to land as long as there is the minimum amount available, and you land in the touchdown zone.

as far as roughing the fuel on a trip to hawaii, how bout stn-vhhh whats the burn on that one? oh give or take 135,000 kilos but whats a couple thousand kilos between friends right?

rant over, everyone has milestones, let them have them and remember when you had yours.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back