Senority System

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skyline said:
The current system is no better. Why the chief pilot of AA crashed. A system would have to be developed and I think it would work. I don't get your connection to completing the flights? I don't understand how my idea would change common sense and safety.

SkyLine

Not really sure what you mean by this statement Skyline. If you have been in the airline system very long you know that chief pilots are picked on the good ole boy system. Not on flying ability, or management ability, or years in service, etc etc etc. If you really have problems with flying with those that have been at your airline longer than you then maybe you should seek other employment. Oooops.... you are going to have a boss, or bosses, and deadlines, and people breathing down your neck, but hey.... I am sure based on your ability you will rise to the top of the ladder.. good luck.

PastFastMover said:
Not really sure what you mean by this statement Skyline. If you have been in the airline system very long you know that chief pilots are picked on the good ole boy system. Not on flying ability, or management ability, or years in service, etc etc etc. If you really have problems with flying with those that have been at your airline longer than you then maybe you should seek other employment. Oooops.... you are going to have a boss, or bosses, and deadlines, and people breathing down your neck, but hey.... I am sure based on your ability you will rise to the top of the ladder.. good luck.

While I don't think CP's are chosen simply because they demonstrate outstanding stick and rudder. I do think they demonstrate better than average overall flying qualities, i.e. standards, knowledge and leadership skills. I really think the good ole boys are pretty much a thing of the past. I have seen both sides, I like the new system much better.

Pay based on TT, period, with perhaps a multiplier for types of flying which are deemed "desirable".

Latest resources

Back