Seniority list at the new AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

Not trying to start a fight, but this was submitted by the APA Board of directors, and it might be an indication of what they intend to do:

"We have seen a model for a successfully arbitrated seniority integration at Delta-Northwest using fences and a ratio methodology based on a percentile seniority list ranking. Also, if an American Airlines-US Airways seniority integration were to be arbitrated, our attorneys have indicated that the ongoing seniority dispute between “West” and “East” at US Airways would be settled as part of the process and should not have any negative impact on an arbitrator’s decision under the McCaskill-Bond statute."

Discuss.

Bye Bye----General Lee

That's all you got? Thought so. The APA will clean up that mess, and that above statement appears to show the route. Enjoy!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Go polish your hat brass. This does not concern Delta. Enjoy #3.

Go polish your hat brass. This does not concern Delta. Enjoy #3.

You need to re-read the last judge's statement concerning your crazy attempt at disregarding a binding award YOUR MEC agreed to:

"Of course, in negotiating for a particular seniority regime, USAPA must not breach its duty of fair representation. Accordingly, if USAPA wishes to abandon the Nicolau award and accept the consequences of this course of action, it is free to do so. By discarding the result of a valid arbitration and negotiating for a different seniority regime, USAPA is running the risk that it will be sued by the disadvantaged pilots when the new collective bargaining agreement is finalized. An impartial arbitrator’s decision regarding an appropriate method of seniority integration is powerful evidence of a fair result. Discarding the Nicolau Award places USAPA on dangerous ground."

Enjoy! It's gonna be interesting, and it DOES concern all of us. I guess groups like yours can just decide NOT TO ABIDE by a binding award? That affects all of us, and you know it.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I'm a new-hire. I'm a third-lister. I'm not involved in that fight. Nice try, though. That is, of course, the XJT MEC did something that I'm unaware of.

Date of hire!

Not according to the APA statement, and they have more members than USAPA..... Ooooooops! Add the Westies, and that is called a "Majority."

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back