• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Seniority list at the new AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am sorry, but the window of opportunity to get an injunction on which East lists are used for SLI arbitration is finite.
No, you're not sorry, and in any case the hope is to never need an injunction. USAPA isn't the only player in this game and we've yet to hear from the other parties. (After all, the recent volley of letters wasn't aimed at USAPA.)
Neither APA or USAPA bring anything to the table, but both work for companies that together will enhance the other and also enhance the working conditions of both pilot groups. Take for example how the US Airways network will allow American to finally arrest their ever falling ARSM and stop the airlines shrinkage. You must take into account how US Airways traffic will trigger a boom of wide body growth made possible by legacy LCC feed.
Um, okay. I'm sure the arbitration panel will see it completely your way. Not.

Ya know, maybe a three-way really is the way to go. With such sure-fire arguments as yours the arbitration panel will probably think Nicolau was too hard on the West.

I am sorry, but the window of opportunity to get an injunction on which East lists are used for SLI arbitration is finite.

Neither APA or USAPA bring anything to the table, but both work for companies that together will enhance the other and also enhance the working conditions of both pilot groups. Take for example how the US Airways network will allow American to finally arrest their ever falling ARSM and stop the airlines shrinkage. You must take into account how US Airways traffic will trigger a boom of wide body growth made possible by legacy LCC feed.

The West may not be "damaged" until a SLI award and/or JCBA is issued. Furthermore, APA/USAPA may find a "legitimate union purpose" in not severely damaging the careers of soon to be retired American pilots by avoiding a West pilot windfall.

What about being a broken record for getting off subject?

Cactusboy53, Contract Law is not necessarily Final and Binding.

It is possible that the person you're speaking to disagreed at the time with what happened and was outvoted by his peers. You should not judge someone by the group they belong to that is collectivism.

Remember, racism is collectivism based on skin color. How is collectivism based on place of work any different? It is still hatred and may as well be racism.

Do not collectively judge people.

You are smoking serious dope. People who can't debate me on FI point to my post count. You are now included. The NIC will prevail because all sides, including management, agreed to it and the arbitrator. Too bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

The shot across the bow is delegating Usair to RJ growth and AA to mainline growth, that's the start of an epic fail which I mentioned earlier. Then have the gall to say the SLI won't be done for years and will be favorable to AA, ie, the bankrupt pilots.

my concern is the east idiots and ther d.o.h. Constitution. Do we really want to go into an sli with american screaming doh doh doh. Look how well that worked for the east in the last sli.

We need to get the usapa bpr idiots changed and get a real merger attorney to represent us. Perhaps the west should take this one on.

^^^^^this^^^^^

You are smoking serious dope. People who can't debate me on FI point to my post count. You are now included. The NIC will prevail because all sides, including management, agreed to it and the arbitrator. Too bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your post count is so impressive that no one can resist it's allure!

Besides, you never actually respond to my posts anyway.

:pimp: <-- Your brain on flight info. :D

Your post count is so impressive that no one can resist it's allure!

Besides, you never actually respond to my posts anyway.

:pimp: <-- Your brain on flight info. :D

Your diatribe was exhausting. You are overlooking the big picture, you and your group agreed to something that was binding, and the company did too. Stop right there. Now, you shortly will do the SAME thing with the APA. Before you do, you will have to revert back to the award, or everyone who participates with you will be sued, and they probably don't want that. The latest judge also said your new union is treading on "dangerous ground" (her words). So, you can try to justify it all you want, but you shouldn't have agreed to it if you weren't going to abide by it. Sad but true.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Your diatribe was exhausting. You are overlooking the big picture, you and your group agreed to something that was binding, and the company did too. Stop right there. Now, you shortly will do the SAME thing with the APA. Before you do, you will have to revert back to the award, or everyone who participates with you will be sued, and they probably don't want that. The latest judge also said your new union is treading on "dangerous ground" (her words). So, you can try to justify it all you want, but you shouldn't have agreed to it if you weren't going to abide by it. Sad but true.

Bye Bye---General Lee

General, Nicolai has nothing to do with me—I'm an outsider looking in.

Feel free to respond my points when you catch you're no longer exhausted.

General, Nicolai has nothing to do with me—I'm an outsider looking in.

Feel free to respond my points when you catch you're no longer exhausted.

Whew! Caught my breath.... Here is your problem in your long statement:

"The West may not be "damaged" until a SLI award and/or JCBA is issued. Furthermore, APA/USAPA may find a "legitimate union purpose" in not severely damaging the careers of soon to be retired American pilots by avoiding a West pilot windfall."

The APA wants no part of a lawsuit, they want US to solve the problem. The creditors also want no problems, and rumor has it that the creditor committee lawyer has pushed for USAPA to possibly give in as a condition of approval for the merger. Sounds like everyone other than the Easties want this over, and they are acting like spoiled brats who crossed their other fingers while giving a handshake, or in this case signed on the bottom line, along with management, who also doesn't want to be potentially sued. Since you too are on the outside looking in, you should express your own disappointment toward these Easties, who will forever change the way our industry does binding arbitration. You just can't trust anyone it seems, even after signing on the bottom line. What a shame.

What is your opinion about not abiding by a binding agreement signed beforehand by all parties?

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Whew! Caught my breath.... Here is your problem in your long statement:

"The West may not be "damaged" until a SLI award and/or JCBA is issued. Furthermore, APA/USAPA may find a "legitimate union purpose" in not severely damaging the careers of soon to be retired American pilots by avoiding a West pilot windfall."

The APA wants no part of a lawsuit, they want US to solve the problem. The creditors also want no problems, and rumor has it that the creditor committee lawyer has pushed for USAPA to possibly give in as a condition of approval for the merger. Sounds like everyone other than the Easties want this over, and they are acting like spoiled brats who crossed their other fingers while giving a handshake, or in this case signed on the bottom line, along with management, who also doesn't want to be potentially sued. Since you too are on the outside looking in, you should express your own disappointment toward these Easties, who will forever change the way our industry does binding arbitration. You just can't trust anyone it seems, even after signing on the bottom line. What a shame.

What is your opinion about not abiding by a binding agreement signed beforehand by all parties?

Bye Bye---General Lee

How can you claim to know half of the information in your post as fact?

I sympathize with East pilots because they are so old and susceptible. While West pilots have time on there sides, East pilots don't have time to makeup the damages they may otherwise receive. In a worst case scenario, West pilots will benefit from never before seen seniority movement.

I hear a lot of people cry foul about binding arbitration, but this issue is not a matter of integrity. Both East and West pilot representatives were devoid of integrity and the process evolved into something beyond good will—both pilot representatives were nasty, hypocritical and let their respective groups down.

Contract law is obviously not as binding as everyone once thought.

How can you claim to know half of the information in your post as fact?

I sympathize with East pilots because they are so old and susceptible. While West pilots have time on there sides, East pilots don't have time to makeup the damages they may otherwise receive. In a worst case scenario, West pilots will benefit from never before seen seniority movement.

I hear a lot of people cry foul about binding arbitration, but this issue is not a matter of integrity. Both East and West pilot representatives were devoid of integrity and the process evolved into something beyond good will—both pilot representatives were nasty, hypocritical and let their respective groups down.

Contract law is obviously not as binding as everyone once thought.

Oh, but contract law will come through in the end, it's obviously not over yet, and judges (plural) have told the Westies that their time will be coming. (When ripe). So, let me get this straight, you think the Easties should prevail because they are an older group overall? What? You sympathize with them. Ok, that's your opinion, but was that issue brought up to the neutral? It obviously was, and he didn't appear to care. He gave the top 500 slots to all Easties. He also supposedly (I wasn't there) told the East pilots that their dreams of DOH weren't going to work, so to please keep negotiating (he gave them a big hint), and they still stuck with DOH. So, it looks like one group wouldn't play nice, and that is the problem here. Regardless of age, you have try to MERGE in a merger. You sign up for binding arbitration, you do it. Btw, their attitude towards this has cost the Eastie Captains about $4K a month, for the last 4 years, which also affects their retirement. Strong conviction, that will probably lose in the end anyway.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back