• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senior People Hoping for Furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Personally, I'd be in favor of a paycut to keep everyone on the property. But that's just me. As far as furloughing goes, I hope it doesn't happen, but if it does, everyone is familiar with the seniority system how it works and you subscribe to it the day you start your first day of Ground School.

Trojan

How much of a paycut, and will you let management decide how much is enough. That was a very dangerous statement. How much, 5,7, 10 dollars anhour. Who is to decide what is enough.

How much of a paycut, and will you let management decide how much is enough. That was a very dangerous statement. How much, 5,7, 10 dollars anhour. Who is to decide what is enough.

I'm not surprised you would write this at all. Dangerous? It's my personal opinion, and I have one vote. There's over 1700 pilots on the seniority list, I'd like to keep it that way. Depending on the details, I PERSONALLY--as in NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYBODY ELSE, would be in favor of taking a paycut to keep everyone on the list. And the pilot group would decide if it was appropriate or not. That's what being involved in a Union is. I don't decide anything on my own, except what's right FOR ME. As far as contractual issues, it takes 50.1% of a vote to change things. You can count ME as a part of the 50.1% willing to take a paycut to carry all of our pilots. As in I care about keeping everyone on our seniority list employed if it means making a small sacrifice. It isn't dangerous to me.

Trojan

I'm not surprised you would write this at all. Dangerous? It's my personal opinion, and I have one vote. There's over 1700 pilots on the seniority list, I'd like to keep it that way. Depending on the details, I PERSONALLY--as in NOT SPEAKING FOR ANYBODY ELSE, would be in favor of taking a paycut to keep everyone on the list. And the pilot group would decide if it was appropriate or not. That's what being involved in a Union is. I don't decide anything on my own, except what's right FOR ME. As far as contractual issues, it takes 50.1% of a vote to change things. You can count ME as a part of the 50.1% willing to take a paycut to carry all of our pilots. As in I care about keeping everyone on our seniority list employed if it means making a small sacrifice. It isn't dangerous to me.

Trojan

this is exactly the approach that was taken after 9/11. The monthly block hours were scaled back to "wait and see how the dust settled". The senior guys were on board with keeping everyone on property.

Dick

Once again, I have to ask.. WTF are these guys thinking?

That unions are predicated only by seniority and that to the elder goes the spoils? You should feel good. Most union environments I have seen the junior guys spend 90% of their time figuring out how to get anyone more senior then them fired so they can move up.

Unions quite possibly are the greatest tool ever created to assist a management team to grinding a workforce into the ground. Tell that to a union man though and he will spend 24x7 trying to organize even more. What a country....

how much lower has both ASA and SKY guarantees gone?

how much lower has both ASA and SKY guarantees gone?

Can't speak for ASA, but SKW's guarantee hasn't changed at all. The people complaining are the ones that based their whole personal budget on 100 hours of flying each month, but are now forced to get by on 80. Poor babies.

-Goose

Last edited:
Can't speak for ASA, but SKW's guarantee hasn't changed at all. The people complaining are the ones that based their whole personal budget on 100 hours of flying each month, but are now forced to get by on 80. Poor babies.

-Goose

It would be nice if they would let us bid for the 63.5 credit instead of trying to build a line at 80hrs to drop later. I'm too f'ing lazy to work and it would open up flying for the guys who need it. I'm sitting fine in Hennessy from my rap star royalties.

It would be nice if they would let us bid for the 63.5 credit instead of trying to build a line at 80hrs to drop later. I'm too f'ing lazy to work and it would open up flying for the guys who need it. I'm sitting fine in Hennessy from my rap star royalties.

LOL! I can't wait until I can afford to do that!

-Goose

We got that message from our own union at Comair. Keeping the min line value low (and I quote) "Would ONLY save 50-60 jobs."

In other words, 60 people aren't worth making 76 hours a month compared to 80ish.

Which begs the question of just how many jobs would be worth it. 150? 200? 300?

Latest resources

Back