• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate panel increases pressure on FAA’s fatigue solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Committee chairs decide the agenda-the R's are on the committee, participating in an agenda already set.

Committee chairs decide the agenda-the R's are on the committee, participating in an agenda already set.

But I'm pretty sure they didn't point a gun to their head and force them to sign that letter to the FAA.

So if they signed their names to the letter, then they are in favor of it.

Stop trying to distort the truth with your agenda.

Can we please stop pretending republicans have been good to airline pilots?

If you don't like your pay- or work rules- stare in the mirror and ask how you voted in your life-

R/D/I, doesn't matter- have you voted for people that support our unions?
That's my agenda. To stop having thousands of pilots working their butt off to make a few executives wealthy. Sorry if you don't like my agenda.

Last edited:
How come?

Can we please stop pretending republicans have been good to airline pilots?

If you don't like your pay- or work rules- stare in the mirror and ask how you voted in your life-

R/D/I, doesn't matter- have you voted for people that support our unions?
That's my agenda. To stop having thousands of pilots working their butt off to make a few executives wealthy. Sorry if you don't like my agenda.
How come all the unhappy pilots don't get together and start the perfect airline from an employee point of view? Many pilots are very well off; they could start buying the stock of airline until they had complete ownership. Then vote themselves on the board, hire a really pilot friendly CEO and build the perfect place to work. This would seem to solve all the problems pilot face in this industry. BTW Please PM with which airline you guys are planning on buying, I will get in on the action, I could buy in low and then sell later as demand drives up the price.

Last edited:
In any case, signed letters with return address to your elected representatives do have an effect. I know that in this case they feel you will follow the issue, observe their actions in regard and vote accordingly. You should also request a reply and follow up with phone calls to their office. I also know most elected representatives that constituents who take the time to follow these actions WILL vote and I suspect that most of them abhor the thought of having to get a real job.

From a management and employee relations- it already exists- WN. Remained profitable, efficient. Well paying and a 30 + year history of management keeping their promises. Haven't been opportunistic when "industry standard" significantly decreased for the 73. Did not use airline economic leverage to extract concessions and then give themselves bonuses. Therefore the government never got to influence their employee business. Explain bankruptcy judges granting UAL executives 15% of the company after emerging. Explain the ATSB denying UAL a loan guarantee after approving all those other airlines. Explain the NMB not approving a strike at UPS. Not approving a strike at Great Lakes- even though they voted in favor of it 93% and had the worst 1900 pay by almost half.

Dems don't go out of their way to help us- they just don't take an active role in screwing us.

Again- can we stop pretending republicans have been good to us.

Dems don't go out of their way to help us- they just don't take an active role in screwing us.

Dems may be more labor friendly, but any gains we could get negotiating during a labor friendly government will be wiped out by higher taxes. Health care and capntrade, if passed, will dramatically raise taxes.

Anyone remember the ultra pro-labour gov't of England from 1945 to 1976. In fact it was called the Labour Party. If so, can anyone answer what type of world wide Economic Power England was from 1945-1976?

From a management and employee relations- it already exists- WN. Remained profitable, efficient. Well paying and a 30 + year history of management keeping their promises. Haven't been opportunistic when "industry standard" significantly decreased for the 73. Did not use airline economic leverage to extract concessions and then give themselves bonuses. Therefore the government never got to influence their employee business. Explain bankruptcy judges granting UAL executives 15% of the company after emerging. Explain the ATSB denying UAL a loan guarantee after approving all those other airlines. Explain the NMB not approving a strike at UPS. Not approving a strike at Great Lakes- even though they voted in favor of it 93% and had the worst 1900 pay by almost half.

Got a news flash for you, the vast majority of airline pilot's who belong to a union are republicans and wouldn't vote for a democrat at gunpoint. Unions have survived and thrived under countless republican presidents and congress'. Get over it.

Latest resources

Back