• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate panel increases pressure on FAA’s fatigue solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, but they weren't hauling around 150-200 passengers and there were A LOT more accidents. Also, I don't think the FAA was ALL over those guys like they are today. You guys are comparing Apples and Oranges.

Well the FAA was definitely Not all over those guys back in the 40s and most of the 50s, as the FAA was not created until 1958. Quite ironically, after a very disturbing string of accidents created the call for a Gov't agency 'dedicated to regulation of safety'

Funny, What happen to that 'Agency'?????

maybe it is just today's 'politics and regulation' by Special interest, but the FAA take Tooooooooo Longgggg to ACT on anything, and usually comes down on the side of 'special interest' (eg usually the ATA). OK, so politics and gov't as usual, Today. Nevermind.

PD

No, Democratic Senators were to busy addressing Airline Deregulation in 1978. Keep up the good work.

De-regulation did occur in 1978, and yes it was a Democratic effort, however the truly bad effects did not commence untill the 80's, ie; massive failures of several majors, the controllers strike, and most of the labor protective provisions that were passed along with de-regulation being negated. Very bad descisions from both sides of the isle.

Ok-
I'm sure you'll have some spin- but I'll be the first to say it-

this wouldn't be an issue getting addressed under a republican senate.

Ranking Member Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), Subcommittee Jim DeMint (R-SC) joined together along with Senators Snowe,Thune

Some of the others may be Republicans also but those are the ones I recognize.

Latest resources

Back