• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Senate panel increases pressure on FAA’s fatigue solution

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Got a news flash for you, the vast majority of airline pilot's who belong to a union are republicans and wouldn't vote for a democrat at gunpoint. Unions have survived and thrived under countless republican presidents and congress'. Get over it.

You are right about the first point. About the second, you haven't a farking clue. Please explain to me when unions have 'thrived' since 1980? Although it wasn't exactly peach with Clinton either...

Got a news flash for you, the vast majority of airline pilot's who belong to a union are republicans and wouldn't vote for a democrat at gunpoint. Unions have survived and thrived under countless republican presidents and congress'. Get over it.

you're right- those decisions made by the ATSB and NMB and republican judges this decade have been fantastic for us. It's amazing so many of us think the way they do. It's the old "your paycut is good for you" b.s.
Let's say dems raise taxes 10% - which would be huge - does that really make up for a corporate first government that enabled 35-40% paycuts and widespread outsourcing?

Labour party? It's about balance and corporations have taken too much. That's my whole point- they've taken so much they've begun to believe they deserve it- leaving too little for the middle class that truly sustains the economic engine.

If you want to live like a republican, you have to vote democrat.

Last edited:
How come all the unhappy pilots don't get together and start the perfect airline from an employee point of view? Many pilots are very well off; they could start buying the stock of airline until they had complete ownership. Then vote themselves on the board, hire a really pilot friendly CEO and build the perfect place to work. This would seem to solve all the problems pilot face in this industry. BTW Please PM with which airline you guys are planning on buying, I will get in on the action, I could buy in low and then sell later as demand drives up the price.
I think they tried that a few years ago at United. :)

Latest resources

Back