• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Segrave Aviation, yep the worst

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Segrave did not layoff the Lear 60 pilot. They fired him. As far as pilot staffing and airplanes, Segrave is hiring two Lear 60 SICs very soon. This is to accomodate the new 8/6 schedule that all Lear 60 pilots are moving to.

"... We had been hoping that during this period of economic instability, we could keep all employees with the company. We regret this is not the case; unfortunately you are being laid off, effective ... ...Thanks you for your hard work and dedication. ..."

Last edited:
So I'm confused... Delta Air Elite is purchasing Seagrave? Seagrave is purchasing DAE? or they're merging?

So I'm confused... Delta Air Elite is purchasing Seagrave? Seagrave is purchasing DAE? or they're merging?

Delta purchased Segrave, at least that's what all the releases say. J. Segrave will be the president of "new" DAE. I don't really know how that works, but thats the way it has been reported. Good luck to everyone involved.

Delta purchased Segrave, at least that's what all the releases say. J. Segrave will be the president of "new" DAE. I don't really know how that works, but thats the way it has been reported. Good luck to everyone involved.
Yeah, a buddy sent me the press release.

I hear good things about AirElite and hope the two combined makes for a great, long-term career gig for the employees...

Best of luck to all!

Well, I dont think that it is turning out like many thought, either on the seagrave side, or more importantly, DAE.

Jim Seagrave is in charge and has his side well represented on the Organizational Chart. DAE has been gutted. Look for their ratings like the Robb Report to go down the toilet and mirror the former Seagrave.

Its a crying shame. Not that I ever thought the former DAE management was stellar, but compared to "JS" and his "admiral" and associated clowns, the DAE people appear have known what was going on, as opposed to "JS" and his slash and burn strategy...

More to follow....

The Segrave PICs also took a pretty severe pay cut. Most to the tune of $10K - $15K per year. Very sad! But hey, they received those stellar Delta travel benefits!!

The Segrave PICs also took a pretty severe pay cut. Most to the tune of $10K - $15K per year. Very sad! But hey, they received those stellar Delta travel benefits!!
...which is a great benefit for when you get extended so much that you have 3 days off a month.

Someone sign me up...twice!

-mini

Latest resources

Back