Segrave Aviation, yep the worst

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think any were laid off.

Thanks for the info, my friend (laid off from Segrave Aviation) walked his resume into the HR office at KCVG DAE and the HR people told him that they had recently laid off pilots and were not hiring. Did Jim Segrave taken over as President of DAE yet?

Last edited:
Well sounds like both companies laid off. I know Segrave Aviation, laid at least one Lear 60 pilot. I can only guess why, but sounds like they are having to make room for all the pilots and they dont have the airplanes they though they were going to have now.

Well sounds like both companies laid off. I know Segrave Aviation, laid at least one Lear 60 pilot. I can only guess why, but sounds like they are having to make room for all the pilots and they dont have the airplanes they though they were going to have now.

Segrave did not layoff the Lear 60 pilot. They fired him. As far as pilot staffing and airplanes, Segrave is hiring two Lear 60 SICs very soon. This is to accomodate the new 8/6 schedule that all Lear 60 pilots are moving to.

And yes, I believe that Jim Segrave did take over as President of both companies. As for layoffs....all the layoffs were admin personnel. If any pilots were laid off recently, it was on the DAE side. No Segrave pilots were let go, except the one they fired recently.

Segrave did not layoff the Lear 60 pilot. They fired him. As far as pilot staffing and airplanes, Segrave is hiring two Lear 60 SICs very soon. This is to accomodate the new 8/6 schedule that all Lear 60 pilots are moving to.

I would be careful what you say Starchecker, which can only be DJ. I know wildcard has a letter from Segrave stating he was laid off. Anything else and you and Segrave can be liable for slander. So you better watch what you say before I go get a lawyer. Yes I got a call on my day off and got fired. It was funny the DM couldnt give me a reason I was fired just there were numerous complaints and when I asked him for the details he couldnt give me any. So it was obvious I was fired so I would go quitely and then laid off on paper so they could not pay me the two weeks they owed me, plus severance and vacation time and then on Monday I recieved a letter with the letterhead sign by the DO stating I was "laid OFF". Thats Okay if thats how Segrave does bussiness I dont want to work for a company like that. I feel for DAE. They will find out in good time. They have owners that are on the verge of leaving. I know of at least one. I say Good Ridence to Segrave. SPIT

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back