SeaWorld, Southwest Airlines Ending Partnership

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Right
The democrats caused the meltdown in 2008?
You really need to do more research
Financial services modernization act
= bubble economies that we've seen.
Clinton signed it- republicans pushed for it- led to too big to fail-
Republicans have obstructed any attempt to correct it
Republicans have obstructed any attempt to raise taxes on the current generation that built this debt and eventually my generation will have to pay for it.
I really don't give a f^ck if you don't like the govt or our president or the spending- we need to pay our bills, not pass them along with interest to the next generation- the damage republicans do obstructing any attempt to address the issue is inexcusable. Democrats don't like republican spending any more than you like ours. So go f^ck yourself that this holding our govt hostage from new taxes is actually helping anything- all it is is a scam by republicans to not pay for debt they racked up. And most of their base will be retired before they will have to. It's insane and corrupt at the base level of the Republican Party- it's you that's the problem. Not your leaders. Not who's in office. It's your belief that bc you don't like democrats that we all shouldn't still pay the bills, completely ignoring that democrats don't like you or your spending anymore than you like ours.
None of which is a legitimate rationalization for doing what republicans do to our economy.

Feel free to write a check to the IRS for as much as you like. I feel I already contribute enough to the bureaucracy.

Feel free to write a check to the IRS for as much as you like. I feel I already contribute enough to the bureaucracy.

No, you don't get a free ride on my dime.

Hmm where have I heard this before?

I wonder if I could tell BMW that I "feel" like I've contributed enough to my lease and just stop paying. I'll make sure to tell them that my friends and family all agree that I've paid enough.

Get as ideological and wrap yourself in the flag all you want. Republicans are just flat out not wanting to pay their share.
Again, the deal since you were a child and living off the graces of your parents, has been that our country will educate you, provide security and an infrastructure for economic growth- but when you make more, you will pay more.
Taxes are now lower than they have been at any other time in any of our lives.
Your grandparents paid more.
Your parents paid more.
My understanding of arithmetic tells me our children will pay more.
But you're good?
Right.
The selfishness of your stance is grotesque at this point.
You're the equivalent of scabs. If your union votes to strike and you personally vote no and disagree, will you cross the line?
Same exact thing. Each side doesn't like how the other side spends money. At all. Wonderful. So let's throw a tantrum and pass our debts onto our kids bc we don't "like" what we've all decided.
But you don't WANT to pay. Sure kids. Sure. That's how the world works :rolleyes:

Last edited:
http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/50177069

Obama did do lot of things even without Repubs support....and seems Repubs never agree with that accusation....here is the list ....lets see if someone willing to still refute....

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill ? Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP?s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of ?Don?t Ask, Don?t Tell?- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.
Senator Franken?s Anti-Rape Amendment to the Defense Appropriations Bill ? Makes it so that women raped overseas while working for foreign contractors have the right to have their case heard in an American court instead of having their case mediated by the company they work for. Only Republican men voted against this, but it passed.
Benefits for Homeless Veterans- Would have expanded benefits to homeless veterans and homeless veterans with children. Republicans blocked this.
Affordable Health Care For America Act- Prevents insurance companies from discriminating against you on the basis of ?pre-existing conditions?. Requires that insurance companies spend 85 cents of every dollar that you pay on your actual health care. Limits health insurance companies profit margins. Republicans blocked this for months before it finally passed and have vowed to repeal it if they are elected.
Health Care for the 9/11 First Responders who got sick from being at Ground Zero- Would provide billions of dollars in health care to help the 9/11 First Responders who were at Ground Zero on 9/11 and are now sick because of it. Republicans blocked this.
The Jobs Bill- Offsets the payroll tax for 1 year for companies that hire new employees, or people receiving unemployment insurance. Also gives other tax incentives to companies hiring new employees. Republicans attempted to block this.
Wall Street Reform- Puts stricter regulations on the banks, preventing them from becoming ?too big to fail?. Curbs reckless spending practices that caused the banking crisis. Republicans attempted to block this.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act- Pumped billions of dollars into state and local Governments to prevent us from sinking into a second Great Depression. Republicans opposed this but now want to take credit for the parts of it that we know are successful.
Oil Spill Liability- Raises the liability on what companies can be made to pay to clean up after an oil spill. Republicans blocked this.
Immigration Reform- Republican suggested comprehensive immigration reform until Obama supported it. Now they?re rabidly opposed to it and even voted against their own legislation. Republicans blocked this.
Unemployment extension bill HR-4213- Would provide additional aid to the millions of Americans still on unemployment who are just trying to support themselves and their families. Republicans blocked this bill for 8 weeks before it finally passed. Republicans blocked this for 8 weeks before it finally passed.
Fair Pay Act of 2009- Also called the Lily Ledbetter bill. Requires that women receive equal compensation to men for doing the same work. Republicans attempted to block this.
No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.

http://crooksandliars.com/heather/bill-kristol-republicans-should-think-abou

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/15/gop-warms-to-breaking-up_n_539412.html

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/senate-gop-blocks-student-loan-refinancing

If you are quoting MSNBC and Huff post then there is your problem.

Once again the Dems have been in charge for the last 9 years. There is nothing that the GOP could get through without the Dems approval.

The fact that we are still in this mess while we have been printing 80 BILLION dollars a month for the last couple years just blows my mind how you can pin anything on the party that only has control of 1/3 of the government and hasn't had complete control like Obama did in 2008 and 2009 since I can remember.

No, but republicans can block pretty much everything

I quoted what you asked and added some more

Forget the opinions in those articles- refute the facts or concede.

Last edited:
No, but republicans can block pretty much everything

I quoted what you asked and added some more

Forget the opinions in those articles- refute the facts or concede.

Wave,

Seriously dude, some of the main stuff the Republicans have blocked is MORE spending. Did they spend too much in two wars? Absolutely. But honest question here....

Have you seen ONE Democrat concerned with the 17+ Trillion in deficit spending going on? They are all about tax and spend. They could careless that we will be 20+ Trillion by the time Obama leaves town.

Have the Democrats ever cared about the explosion in Welfare and Food Stamp programs? Let me know, I've never seen it.

Just like Obama laughing about the shovel ready jobs that weren't 'shovel ready'. Or businesses that you didn't build. You need to thank the government I guess. It's lunacy. Talk about running off job building entrepreneurs.

This has been the most anemic recovery in the history of US economies and it's directly related to Obama and the Democrats. This could have been over 3 years ago....don't you wonder why it's dragging out so long?

Dragging?
That's what you call this?
Where on earth do you get data to support that?

I don't watch anything from Faux unless I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

I don't watch anything from Faux unless I'm in the mood for a good laugh.

Funny I read plenty of MSNBC and Huff post. I already know what I believe so I don't need to watch fox. That is unless I want to see what is actually going on in the world. Instead just about every network covering for O. I also need to try and understand the massive reality distortion field that the left actually feed on.

Just today on Huff post there was an article on how the Koch brothers were destroying the united states with their influx of money to the politicians. Of course it never once mentioned that they are number 15 on the donor list with 12 democrats such as Soros, Bloomburg, Jeffrey R. Immelt, Etc out spending them on their political causes. A little hypocritical but about par for the course.

Another example is Huff Post and MSLSD spent over a month of non stop coverage over closure of the bridge by Chris Christie. Doing in depth reporting on anyone Christie has talked too in the last 50 years that had the word bridge in it. Now compare that with the massive in depth reporting on the IRS destroying "less than 20" hard drives while being investigated by Congress all related to the targeting of Tea party groups, the "lost" emails and not even telling congress about the destruction and loss until after a year and a half had passed. What did those two hard hitting news agency put out? A picture of Obama saying there "wasn't a smidgen of corruption" in the IRS. And that was pretty much the last thing we heard about it on those sites.

Try watching fox and even with their slant you could probably learn a lot more that what you are fed by the other Obama cheerleader "news" stations.

Last edited:
No, you don't get a free ride on my dime.

Hmm where have I heard this before?

I wonder if I could tell BMW that I "feel" like I've contributed enough to my lease and just stop paying. I'll make sure to tell them that my friends and family all agree that I've paid enough.

Get as ideological and wrap yourself in the flag all you want. Republicans are just flat out not wanting to pay their share.
Again, the deal since you were a child and living off the graces of your parents, has been that our country will educate you, provide security and an infrastructure for economic growth- but when you make more, you will pay more.
Taxes are now lower than they have been at any other time in any of our lives.
Your grandparents paid more.
Your parents paid more.
My understanding of arithmetic tells me our children will pay more.
But you're good?
Right.
The selfishness of your stance is grotesque at this point.
You're the equivalent of scabs. If your union votes to strike and you personally vote no and disagree, will you cross the line?
Same exact thing. Each side doesn't like how the other side spends money. At all. Wonderful. So let's throw a tantrum and pass our debts onto our kids bc we don't "like" what we've all decided.
But you don't WANT to pay. Sure kids. Sure. That's how the world works :rolleyes:

Once again reading comprehension not your strength. A Scab...Really? You are a ********************ING MORON. Not even close to the same thing. Free ride my ass. I pay my share in taxes. I pay more yearly than my parents or grand parents ever did. Save your liberal number skewing for someone who believes your BS. I would be willing to pay more if it didn't go to growing the govt. You libs like to parrot CNN in the GOP blocked this and blocked that. Take all the BS spending out of the bills and maybe they will pass. You need more govt control Wave. I simply want less and will never agree with or vote for anyone who does.
Figures lie and Liars figure. You may skew you stats anyway you like. It's still BS. Once again write a bigger check to the IRS you ********************ing hypocrite.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back