Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Looking for a new flight case, one with the double strap handles as opposed to the normal handle. Korchmar only comes in a 7", Scott in a 7 or 8.

Scott is 319 vs Korchmar 328.

Lifetime warranty that doesn't cover wear and tear vs a 5 year one.

Would appreciate any input from any pilot who has either bag. I have the ballistic Luggage Works now and the handle has crapped out on me twice.

Hate the douple straps. I have the scotts one and only used it for a week. Biggest thing I didn't like was having to use a key to lock, and have to attach the handles everytime before attaching to suitcase.

I have the Scott double strap ("jumbo flight kit"). The case is good, and it fits all my charts + my netbook. My next bag will not be a double strap, for what it's worth. It's not as easy to hook the larger handle to my overnight bag and sometimes I struggle with it.

It'll last years though.

Take a look at the Coyote Works. It has the double straps and if you get the optional metal skid plate on the bottom it has a lifetime warranty against bagdrag. I have had mind for 2 years now. It's great. You could set off a grenade inside this thing.

They sell them at stopover store too.

Scott 8"- Had mine for 6 years. I treat it like a football and never had a problem. Looking at it, I seriously doubt it has even reached half life yet.

I have a Korchmar and like it alot. It has held up to the abuse of snow, rain, deice fluid and still going strong. Course I only put leather treatment on it once, and the black leather has faded to teal, but it still holding up. Got it 6 years ago at the AmericaWest store for $200.00

Coyote Works, the company is owned by a couple of XJT pilots. Great products, do a Google for the web site.

Latest resources

Back