• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Scott leather vs Korchmar flight case

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
8" scott regular handle, 8 yrs no problems other than some drag wear on bottom corners. I will take it into the saddle shop one of these days for some corners.

I got a Korchmar (no straps) as my first bag over 12 years ago. I love it!!!! Awesome quality, I paid $200 for it. I have had a little bit of work done to it, new handle, but it is still tough as ever.

I got a second bag as a spare, same style and brand. The new one is very flimsy cheap. Sent it back for handle and latch and the innner board in the lid was broken, they did not fix it. It is junk!!!! So, now i have nothing good to say about Korchmar. But, the straps would make it more durable.

I am sure there are a lot of great bags out there but I must say this about the Scott customer service. I have a bag that was damaged by heat (back of my vehicle where hot exhaust was being pumped directly on the scott bag unknown to me for a couple bags). The leather on the bottom corner on two sides cracked and I was pissed! I informed the company saying their leather was substandard, we talked, I sent the bag in, they repaired it and sent it back to me and did a great job. By this time I found out about my exhaust and thanked them for helping me with my bag. It is still in great shape and I know my handles will never break like so many of the other bags, those leather straps are tough.

Latest resources

Back